RCCL Credit Card Info: Anyone?

I believe you can stack the discounts in order to get the total $1,500 reduction in a single cabin. I don't believe RCL cares whose portion of the total bill goes to who.

I know you can 'stack' the cruise reduction amounts....but I don't know if there is a limit to how many you can stack. So the best way to know is to ask Royal before you do the redemption. Royal is getting valuable revenue for the redemption from BofA....I just don't know if they have a limit as to the amount of redemptions that can be used on a particular reservation number....it would not matter how many people are in the cabin at all, I believe.

After the first redemption, call Royal for the details at that point.

Edited by Paulette3028

We have had the RCCL BofA credit card for several years and consider it a good deal. Our largest purchases are usually cruises, so the double points add up. We also like the BofA fraud department because they have been on top of it three times when our cc was compromised. They notified us and sent new cards right away. We do not carry a balance. We each have our own card so we have credit limit cushion in case of medical problems and for the initial cash back when I got my own card. We use the benefit for on board credit not free cruises. Pays for some great wine we would not splurge on otherwise.

Margee

We have had the RCCL BofA credit card for several years and consider it a good deal. Our largest purchases are usually cruises, so the double points add up. We also like the BofA fraud department because they have been on top of it three times when our cc was compromised. They notified us and sent new cards right away. We do not carry a balance. We each have our own card so we have credit limit cushion in case of medical problems and for the initial cash back when I got my own card. We use the benefit for on board credit not free cruises. Pays for some great wine we would not splurge on otherwise.

Margee

It is too difficult to get a free cruise with the point redemption due to clauses when it can't be redeemed because of sales....but we love the $500 redemption to reduce the cost of a cruise to our wallet, and that can be combined with the best price you were able to obtain -- therefore all is good for us.

We cruise often enough that we can't stack the $500 redemption's, but that would be nice as well.

Seems like a good deal to me so I just ordered one.

With the 10,000 free points and just paying for the cruise (2x points) - that's over 15,000 points which equals $150 OBC. That's a good deal since I pay my bill in full every month.

It's not for everyone, but I like mine and have had it since 2008. There are rewards cards out there that may offer a higher return in the form of cash rebates, but I like having the forced savings account for my cruise obsession. I'm going to use the card anyway, so having my purchase discount my future cruise booking is a painless plus.

If you don't have enough points to get a free cruise, I've found trading in points for a discount can be better than trading them in for a cruise upgrade. It sometimes LOOKS like the upgrade is a better deal and I used to use that option frequently. But if you cruise price drops, and you're trying to negotiate a price adjustment, it becomes a big hassle. Reservations only knows that you've booked an OV cabin, not that you booked and inside and were upgraded to an OV. (Or OV to Balcony, as the case may be.) It makes it a chore to get them to apply a price drop because they only want to look at the current price of the cabin you've been assigned.

Within the past few years, they opened up the rewards to include all Royal Caribbean international lines (ie: Celebrity), which gives me more choices.