New Amenities for 2016

NavyVeteran

Hurtigruten has made significant improvements in the amenities offered in suites and superior outside cabins effective with 2016 sailings.

For example, suites and mini-suites (categories Q, M, MG, and MX) now include a dinner wine package as well as a water package at no extra charge. Superior outside cabins (categories P, U, and QJ) now include the water package at no extra charge.

There are also several more amenities listed. Details of these new 2016 amenities are at http://www.hurtigruten.com/us/Ships/Cabins/2016-cabin-categories/.

I booked my March 2016 cruise in category M2 in March 2015 - well before these new amenities were listed. When I saw them, I contacted Hurtigruten by phone and they said they were now included. They sent me a new invoice with "VANN_L Inclusive Lunch Water Package, VIN Inclusive Wine Package" included with no change in price, even though my booking price was slightly lower than the current price. They also removed the $78 charge for the water package I had previously booked from my invoice.

Note that the water package included with the suite is for lunch only. This is because the dinner wine package includes water as well as wine for dinner. I believe the water package with the superior outside cabins is for lunch and dinner.

I recommend that anyone booked on Hurtigruten in 2016 in category P or higher contact Hurtigruten or their travel agent to request an updated copy of their invoice with the water and/or wine packages included - and with the costs of any previously ordered packages removed.

I believe this is a great change by Hurtigruten. Their suite amenities are now very competitive with those offered by the traditional cruise lines. I am also very happy that they offered these new amenities to all passengers booked for 2016 - even those of us who booked early at lower fares. Well done, Hurtigruten.

Thanks!

We are in a mini suite on the Nordkapp for a December/January cruise later this year and a mini suite on the Midnatsol for a December/January cruise to the Antarctic in 2016/2017.

This is good information.

Thanks!

We are in a mini suite on the Nordkapp for a December/January cruise later this year and a mini suite on the Midnatsol for a December/January cruise to the Antarctic in 2016/2017.

This is good information.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that this information is applicable to either of your upcoming cruises.

In determining season for cruise fare, Hurtigruten considers only the embarkation date. For example, my upcoming Bergen to Trondheim cruise leaving on 27 March 2016 is priced as a Winter cruise - even though most of the cruise is in April (Spring). I suspect they may do the same for the amenities - since your cruise starts in December 2015, it will probably have the 2015 amenities.

Also the specific brochure and webpage I referenced only applies to their Norway cruises. I don't know what - if any - changes they have made to their other cruises.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that this information is applicable to either of your upcoming cruises.

In determining season for cruise fare, Hurtigruten considers only the embarkation date. For example, my upcoming Bergen to Trondheim cruise leaving on 27 March 2016 is priced as a Winter cruise - even though most of the cruise is in April (Spring). I suspect they may do the same for the amenities - since your cruise starts in December 2015, it will probably have the 2015 amenities.

Also the specific brochure and webpage I referenced only applies to their Norway cruises. I don't know what - if any - changes they have made to their other cruises.

We just booked the Iceland cruise for 2016 and these new amenities are offered for that trip as well.

• 3 weeks later...