Help with Zuiderdam Veranda cabin`

JennJ99738

My mother and I will be sailing next March on the Zuiderdam to do the partial transit of the Panama Canal. I have never cruised HAL. Mom has cruised once. I am trying to choose which category of Veranda cabin we should choose. The reviews for these cabins on CC are kind of sparse and a bit all over the place. I understand that there have been plumbing issues and maybe we should only choose forward cabins?

Does anyone have suggestions on at least what deck we should choose or maybe avoid? I prefer to have a very quiet cabin.

Thanks for any information!

Jennifer

Does anyone have suggestions on at least what deck we should choose or maybe avoid? I prefer to have a very quiet cabin.

In that case, choose a cabin on a deck with passenger cabins both above and below you.

I prefer a cabin closer to mid-ship; toward aft would be my next choice, with forward my last preference. Frankly, usually anything between the forward and aft elevators is fine on that ship and itinerary.

If either of you have motion issues, head for deck 4 or 5. If no motion issues go to deck 7 or 8 for the best views. For least noise pick a deck between other cabin decks: 5, 6, or 7. IMO avoid deck 5 center section as they have small balconies right above the lifeboats yet are the highest priced! :eek:

Thanks for the information! I have no motion issues on any other ship but it is it an issue on this size ship?

Does anyone know where the balconies might be a bit larger than standard?

Port and Starboard Veranda staterooms on Deck 4, Upper Promenade, are 7.5 ft. in depth making them the deepest ones on the Vista ships. The only larger ones would be some of the aft facing staterooms.

I have no motion issues on any other ship but it is it an issue on this size ship?

It can be. On our Eurodam T-A last fall we "raced" a hurricane into Iceland ... and a friend spent a full day in bed! Another time we had some bad motion for a few hours in the Baltic where I had to leave our deck 8 forward cabin and go down to the lower atrium.

Port and Starboard Veranda staterooms on Deck 4, Upper Promenade, are 7.5 ft. in depth making them the deepest ones on the Vista ships. The only larger ones would be some of the aft facing staterooms.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks!

It can be. On our Eurodam T-A last fall we "raced" a hurricane into Iceland ... and a friend spent a full day in bed! Another time we had some bad motion for a few hours in the Baltic where I had to leave our deck 8 forward cabin and go down to the lower atrium.

OK, I'll go with a cabin lower down and bring my scopalamine patches just in case! Although I don't think we'll run into any hurricanes in March near the Panama Canal.

we had cabin 8005 on the zuiderdam a month ago. although it's under the lido deck, it's very quiet (actually, we were below the spa). but this is one of the cabins where you've no light on the verandah due to navigation purposes (the bridge is very near). But besides the light, we really liked the cabin.