Arrrrgggggg wont accept CC payment

tonkie

I've tried and treid all evening and can not get RC website to accept payment for drinks package and for Chops grill, it just keeps coming up with card payment error, I have tried with 3 different cards but with the same outcome, don't they want my money:D

I'm in the UK so don't know if that makes any difference, so any pointers would be a great help

The website is a nightmare ..... just give up and call in to customer service! I have to do this every time!

I did think of that but couldn't find a UK phone number, ye and you are right :mad:

Several others have the same issue, and RCCL are aware of the problem (at least according to some that have phoned customer support). You'll need to call them to make the purchase. I had the issue for almost two weeks before I gave up and called.

To follow up on my previous post; I called Crown & Anchor (not the main cust. serv) this afternoon. Drink packages and class booked and paid for in less than 10 min. I'm not a fan of talking on the phone but it's definitely the way to go.

Edited by TempusFugit

All booked via phone and via USA, it was 2.35 am for the poor guy on the other end of the phone, just seems crazy a big company like RC cant get their web site sorted, it must put a lot of folk off with all the hassle involved:(

I tried to get my wife a coke package for a November cruise and it rejected every credit card I tried.....and I thought it was me!! Thanks for the tips, I will wait and try in a month or call .

Bought mine earlier this week with no problems.

I kept getting credit card error on the UK site when booking the free dynamic dining restaurant a few months back for our upcoming cruise. So even though all the bookings I was trying to make were for free venues and no credit card was asked for or entered the site kept saying credit card error, try another card!

I ended up calling and took 20 minutes of someones time to go through the restaurants and times for all 14 nights and reserve them all. This is just wasting resources at Royal and creates a very frustrating customer experience.

Ongoing issues with purchasing anything on the website are ironic when you think how Royal is jumping the shark with fares to rake in as much revenue as possible until the market screams, "Uncle!"

Makes you wonder how much $$ they leave on the table from people who get frustrated dealing with the site and don't phone. Sure they may buy the same items later onboard, but Royal loses the float from the advance purchase.

Also ironic is that Royal wants to position itself as the highest tech cruise line out there, with all its gizmos on the newest ships, yet continues to have a website that's a pain to navigate and barely functional in many areas.

I trust it for informational purposes only.

I have never attempted to make a payment or book a cruise on RCCL website. With the strangely weird things that the website does, I always just pick up the phone.

Absolutely!!

Book all our cruises directly with RCL and never use their web site for booking a cruise and pay for it etc.

AGEs ago tried to book excursions and we had to be Explorer or it wouldn't work, so from then on I will only deal with the phone. Spent lots of time wondering what was wrong until we called and were told it would only work on Explorer.

Use their web only for research purposes.

But just booked 2 different days on United Airlines for flights with NO problem.... This has been an issue since we started with RCL in early 2000s.

Also ironic is that Royal wants to position itself as the highest tech cruise line out there, with all its gizmos on the newest ships, yet continues to have a website that's a pain to navigate and barely functional in many areas.

I trust it for informational purposes only.

They have Bionic Bartenders but a last Century website. Whilst short term issues can be excused, the same issues over several years cannot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk