!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Gambee,

I just finished up with and really enjoyed your review of Carnival Victory. Your pictures are always great and I always enjoy them. We've been to HMC and Grand Turk, but only once while on Glory in 2010 and both are places I'd love to return to. We've been to Nassau for a few days at Atlantis but never made it there on a cruise...hard to imagine, huh? I'm sure we will one day. I have to tell you, I was laughing so much at your Uncle's antics, especially the horse's head! I'd have been one of the ones laughing and probably would have bought him a drink! That is a great picture you got of him wearing the horse head with the whale tale in the background. You really have an awesome family, great and fun loving. I just have to say that your reviews are always loaded with great pictures and so much information and even though we are going on Liberty in September instead of Victory, I found a lot of helpful hints...and this will be our 6th Carnival cruise and we we've even been on Liberty! And thank you for the "heads up" on the Eggs Benedict. If I noticed them on our upcoming cruise, I probably would have gotten them, but will be sure to avoid temptation and pass. Thank you for taking the time do do a review, they are always appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words :)

Glad you could get tips from this review even though you're an experience Carnival cruiser. Have a great cruise aboard the liberty!

I believe her first sailing from Ft Lauderdale is on 11/09/2016 with a short 4-day to Bahamas [Nassau and Half Moon Cay]. She is doing her maiden sailings in Europe starting in [i think] April 2016.

I have never been on X so cannot compare but HAL is definitely "slower" than Carnival or NCL. It is more subdued line with smaller ships [Konigsdam will be their largest and it is still less than 3000 pax] and an older [generally] demographic. I believe I am around your age though and I really loved their product. They don't have the water slides, ice carving, dancing waiters, hairy chest contests, etc. but I don't care for that stuff anyway. On my HAL sailing, they had fresh flowers EVERYWHERE throughout the ship, the decor was more old school elegant and the service was outstanding. they truly spoiled us; the crew could not do enough to please. The drinks were also some of the cheapest I've seen on any line: $6.95 for most cocktails although I heard they just increased to $7.50 HAHA.

We've never had a bad cruise on any line and would sail any of them again if the price and itinerary were what we wanted, but HAL or Princess would be our first choices based on past experiences. :D

I am still finding it hard to book a HAL cruise. As a matter of fact I am looking at cruises for the next year, and I even finding it hard to book Princess. It just seemed like I enjoy RCCL, NCL and CCL more than other ones. As you know I struggle with dress codes, and those ships are really heavy on it.

I will keep an eye on it, but who knows.

Gambee great review as always and your pictures are the best. I just have a question how can you possibly give the Victory a higher score than the Divina. I know your MOM had an accident on the Divina and it left a sour taste in your mouth but really you can't compare the 2 ships, they are like night and day.

It is all personal as you know. But just of the top of my head, food on divina was well below this one. Service as well, 2hr dinner are not acceptable in my book. I think Divina also took a hit with their lack of activities aboard the ship, although the Victory was not as good as the Breeze. I remember her also getting a few points off because the of the broken simulator, lack of adult pool enforcement, horrible TV system. I think it comes out as an overall experience.

I try to be fair with the grading scale, but it is not perfect, nothing in life is. But I think the end result reflects our overall enjoyment of the cruise. As you know I don't have a lines section on the review, but I was sure to take off points for the excessive line on this cruise.

The only one section that I wish I gave Divina an extra point was in the bar section, maybe raise her to 8, taking the ship to a 71, not sure if that makes a difference. Like I said, nothing is perfect. But we did enjoy ourselves more on this cruise.

Gambee, my only problem with your review is I didn't know about it sooner and get to anticipate it. Just found it yesterday and finished reading tonight. I know Hoopster, last I heard, is scheduled for Hawaii on Radiance in Sept and Bugsy on Regal in Nov. Maybe Bugsy will check out Alfredos and the seafood venue for us. Now I read you are scheduled on Escape in Nov and will anticipate your review. I'm on the Regal in March and much looking forward to Alfredos. When out with the girls for lunch and it's my turn to choose, I always insist on a pizza venue. They call me a pizzahead. I suspect they might call you the same. Really, really enjoy your reviews, this one especially. Previous poster who suggested a Gambee cruise, including moms, aunts and uncles, is onto something. Let us all know, and all who can will be aboard.

Thanks for all your hard work, Carolyn in Texas (where it is hotter than you know what)

Glad you enjoyed it :), I know how cool it is to find a really good review and have it all to read it on one sitting. Have a great cruise aboard Regal, I've had the two sisters on my radar for quite a while. It is just very hard to settle on which cruise to travel on, there are so many to try and so little time.

I enjoyed reading your review of the Carnival Victory. The pictures you took of Half Moon Cay were beautiful. Definitely planning on going on a cruise that stops there.

Glad you & your family had a great time together. Your uncle seems like quite the character but in a good way.

Glad you had fun reading the review, and thank for the kind words :)

They definitely require a lot of work. Even if you're like me and have a system, there is still much work to do. From setting it up to all the writing and editing, it is not for everyone. But enjoy the process and love the end result, it is all about having the most fun possible with them. Thank you for following and expressing your thoughts :)

I can just Imagine the Hours of time spent on a review.I would like to THANK you for your Labor of LOVE. I am going to subscribe.

Thank you so much for your review!! You ( you are a cutie!) and your family seem like wonderful people and your uncle is hysterical!

We just returned from the same cruise in reverse and your review gave us lots of tips. I made it up to the Grand Turk portion before leaving. We had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves! Half Moon Cay is to die for and we picked this ship just because of the itinerary. Thanks again! ;)

I have enjoyed this review more than any other that I have seen. We are a group of friends and family booked on the Victory for Feb. 2017 out of San Juan. I am not particularly in love with this ship, but the only option we have for San Juan to the Southern Caribbean on Carnival.

Some of the group are 1st timers and I have created our private group on Facebook. What I am wondering is if I can use this picture of the ship for my cover photo on the group page.

It is the best that I have found.

Let me know,

Thanks

Also.....is there a way that I can just look at your pictures without all the commentary? I like to keep looking back, but cannot figure out how to just look at the pictures.

I believe you can see without the comments on the website across Gambee's picture the post a few above

Gambee, another great review! I enjoyed seeing your family and love your pictures from your Gopro camera. I may have to buy me a new camera! HMC is so beautiful, went there last year for the first time and cannot wait to go back! :)

Glad you enjoyed it :)

I highly recommend a gopro system, you will have a blast using it.

Gambee, your reviews are first-class! I really appreciate all the hard work you put into them. The only possible bad thing is that reading your reviews makes me sad I'm not on one right now! :)

Glad you liked it :)

Thank you for reading it.

loved the whole review gambee! You are so awesome for always taking the time to share with everyone. Enjoy a break from reviewing while you look forward to your next adventure!

Once again thank you for posting, I always enjoy having you aboard with us :D