Dance Classes on 15 day cruise

twinkle toes

We are doing the 15 day cruise to Hawaii in November. This is our first cruise that is longer than one week. Can someone tell me what they do different on a 15 day cruise that normally isn't done on a 7 day? Do they offer ballroom dancing classes that are more than one session long? Other than that, I am just curious how different the program is since you are with them for 2 weeks, not one, and it isn't a B2B.

We are doing the 15 day cruise to Hawaii in November. This is our first cruise that is longer than one week. Can someone tell me what they do different on a 15 day cruise that normally isn't done on a 7 day? Do they offer ballroom dancing classes that are more than one session long? Other than that, I am just curious how different the program is since you are with them for 2 weeks, not one, and it isn't a B2B.

We were on a 15 day Hawaii cruise on the Star Princess in February 2015.

There will be "Hawaii Experience" activities which include lei making, progressive hula classes as well as progressive uke lessons on sea days building up to a grand performance at the end of the cruise. There should be Pop Choir with a rehearsals on sea days and a performance at the end. Additionally you have the normal 2/day trivias, there could be a progressive trivia game, bingo, art, maybe some pool games, afternoon tea, maybe some guest lectures, Zumba, line dancing sessions, basic ballroom sessions and of course lots of eating. In the evening you have the theme nights, game shows, karaoke, live music in all the lounges, all the normal stuff.

The longer cruise gives you time to really enjoy cruise activities, and to settle into what I like to refer to as 'cruise mode.' We have been on many long cruises. They are great.

Our Hawaii cruise was 6 years ago and was probably far from typical. One of the Princess dancers was the dance instructor. We had only one class per day but a total of 9 classes. We covered several dances twice. There was a "hard core" group of more than 10 couples that took all of the classes. A number of the couples also had one or more private lessons with the instructor. On the last night of the cruise we met in the Wheelhouse Bar for drinks and dancing. They had to turn on the lights a little after 1:00 AM to get us to leave. The was one of our most enjoyable cruises!

We are on the Ruby Princess in November to Hawaii. This is our fifth time going to Hawaii out of LA. We stay busy with dance classes, meeting with cruise critic group for activities or just visiting. At night we dance! We have three other couples repeating this cruise from last year.

If you haven't joined a roll call group, I suggest you do. We always meet great people and have a wonderful time! Hope you have as much fun as we do!

Glda