Question about ship board credits

helenkpa

We were booked on the Mille which was changed to the Infinity, but our cruise was during Infinity's dry dock. So since our cruise was cancelled we changed our trip to a different date and we were told we would be given ship board credits.

So how do you know you have them? Do they show up on your reservation or do you just assume they will be on your account when you get on board?

I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question but we've never encountered this before

We too have some ship board credit coming to us when we sail in 10 days. I noticed that our cruise documents mad no mention of this, so I called Celebrity and they confirmed that yes, our shipboard credit will be there when we board the ship. It's noted on our booking, in their computers. I will know once we get on the ship.

I find it a little strange that we are heading to the ship with no "proof". Oh well...what can you do? I guess I have to put my faith in Celebrity on this one. You'd think that somehow it would be noted on our "paid in full" invoice or on our tickets, or even on Celebrity's online registration documentation. No, it's not. But I spoke to two different people who both confirmed it's there!

Good luck!

I just returned on 9/22 from a Transatlantic on the Constellation. Our itinerary was changed after we booked and we were told that we would have a $50 shipboard credit per person. I never gave it another thought until we were on board. After 3 days, I decided to check at Guest Relations to make sure it was on the account. After checking, they told me that only one of us had the credit as I was traveling with a friend. They immediately asked if I had my travel agents phone number with me. I provided it for them and they called to clarify the situation. By the time I returned to my stateroom again in about 2 hours, there was a message on the voice mail. They informed me that the error was corrected and we would both get the shipboard credit.

Just a lesson to check with guest relations upon arrival to make sure everything is in order with the credits. They are more than willing to resolve the situation for you in a timely manner when necessary.

Archived