Grab a porter to get you bags when you disembark

Have you cruised out of Terminal 1 yet in PC? While its all connected and under roof, it can be a LONG walk to the car depending on what deck you have to park on. Our porter seemed to want to drop our stuff at the pick up curb yet some the rest were carrying luggage all the way to vehicles in the parking garage.

I too had never really noticed a separate line for Porters until I cruised out of Terminal 1. There was definitely a separate line and it was moving MUCH faster than the lines that didnt have Porter assistance. The Porters were even telling everyone "If you want out of here quickly, you better get one of us"

Sorry, I have never been one to commit the Terminal numbers to memory. Terminal 1 does not sound familiar though. Our most recent cruises out of PC were on Freedom and we parked in the parking garage. Depending on where in parking garage you are parked, it could be a pretty good ways to your car.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A porter saved my bacon disembarking in Miami last year with a tight flight connection. After my luggage was NO WHERE in the terminal, I finally flagged a porter who took me to a whole other room I never would have found on my own, and there was my suitcase.

The porter hustled me through customs, got me into a cab and on my way. I wished I had him to guide me through the total cluster*** that awaited every step of the way through the Miami Airport. :mad:

I'm now sold on porters. :D

sure it's cheating. You are butting the line by coughing up cash

No it's not. It's no different then what many other places do. Carnival has fttf which allows you to purchase the ability to skip lines. Universal sells an express pass that does the same thing.

They pay for an extra service and get better treatment. No cheating involved.

Sorry, I have never been one to commit the Terminal numbers to memory. Terminal 1 does not sound familiar though. Our most recent cruises out of PC were on Freedom and we parked in the parking garage. Depending on where in parking garage you are parked, it could be a pretty good ways to your car.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Its the newest Terminal in PC. Where Freedom and Enchantment sail out of now. if your last cruise was Freedom in 9-14 you didnt sail out of the new terminal 1 :) It didnt open until late December 2014.

Edited by ryano

I didn't say some won't break the rules if you throw them a $20 just to get ahead of everybody else. But they are not allowed.

We did not give him any money until we got to the Rental van shuttle.

For everyone that think's this is "cheating", I got a porter because we had so many bags (yes overpacked) and it was easier, had no clue that we were walking through a special porter line (yes there was a separate line for porters at PC). But it was AWESOME!!:D

But it was AWESOME!!:D

Agreed. Having a lax Customs Agent helped too ;) A lady in front of me forgot to fill out her declaration form and he just waved her on through anyway :o He took ours and didnt even look at it or ask any questions. Lol Smoothest debarkation ever! I LOVE terminal 1!

I believe it is. I don't fly international very often, but is there a porter to help you get to the front of line when waiting for immigration or customs inside the airport. I don't recall seeing that. I'm not talking about something like global entry though. Just curious

When I fly first class, I go to the preferred line at TSA and get to bypass the long line. It's a perk of flying F class.

This "cheating" thing is so silly anyway because the customer has no control- cheating indicates you're being sneaky and trying to pull a fast one when in actuality what happens is you wave down a porter, he grabs your bags and RUNS and you literally run after him. In Tampa at least, they run straight to the far left aisle at customs and bypass the long line. The customer doesn't lead that- the porter does. The customer doesn't even PAY the porter until you get outside to your car or the pick up zone. It's not cheating, if it's a system designed to run that way.

When I fly first class, I go to the preferred line at TSA and get to bypass the long line. It's a perk of flying F class.

This "cheating" thing is so silly anyway because the customer has no control- cheating indicates you're being sneaky and trying to pull a fast one when in actuality what happens is you wave down a porter, he grabs your bags and RUNS and you literally run after him. In Tampa at least, they run straight to the far left aisle at customs and bypass the long line. The customer doesn't lead that- the porter does. The customer doesn't even PAY the porter until you get outside to your car or the pick up zone. It's not cheating, if it's a system designed to run that way.

That's not what I asked. My question refers to going through customs as you depart the flight, not getting on at security.