Air conditioning on the Magic

Rheba

I saw a post on the Funville forum that the air conditioning on the Magic is completely out and would not be fixed until dry dock, which I find hard to believe. Any one sailed on her very recently that can confirm this?

I saw a post on the Funville forum that the air conditioning on the Magic is completely out and would not be fixed until dry dock, which I find hard to believe. Any one sailed on her very recently that can confirm this?

That doesn't even sound plausible -

I don't think that can possibly be true. I was just on Triumph and the a/c went out for most of the ship for a couple of hours and pretty much everything ground to a halt. Meals were delayed. It was a huge problem.

I just checked all the posts at that site regarding the Magic going back to the start of May. This is totally bogus. When we cruised on the Magic, the A/C could cause frostbite in about 3.5 minutes.

I just checked all the posts at that site regarding the Magic going back to the start of May. This is totally bogus. When we cruised on the Magic, the A/C could cause frostbite in about 3.5 minutes.

Works for me [emoji3]

I was very concerned about this too. I saw the post on the Funville Forum and went back to previous threads. In all I found about 4 posts with people claiming the A/C in their rooms were down. One person said a cabin steward told him their were fans in about 10 rooms and it was an ongoing problem.

Also if you look at the post "Just off the Magic" it is mentioned there that the A/C is still spotty :(

I'm guessing they are having problems, but not on the entire ship. With that said I'm praying I don't get one of the lucky cabins as I sail on Jan 10th a few weeks before dry dock. I certainly can not sleep well(or much at all) in a hot cabin.

Edited by MikeMA

That doesn't even sound plausible -

Another falsehood posted by someone trying to rile people up, we are sailing on the Magic Sept 13 and they dang sure better have ac, my husband fixes those for a living but he wasn't planning on bringing his tools

If it's posted anywhere on the internet, it MUST be true!

Another falsehood posted by someone trying to rile people up, we are sailing on the Magic Sept 13 and they dang sure better have ac, my husband fixes those for a living but he wasn't planning on bringing his tools

OP stated the post was on Funville, that's operated by Carnival. They don't allow too many negative posts there to be published.

But I like your sense of humor!

Just got back from the Magic on Sunday ( 8/23) and the AC was working great. Our suite ( 7270 ) was extremely comfortable all the time, and as I was in just about every part of the ship during the cruise I NEVER noticed AC not working up to the max.