The NCL board's self led quiz! Starring YOU!

FreestyleNovice

*quiz master voice* :D

Padadadada! And a warm welcome to Cruise Critics NCL board's quiz! Starring, produced and juried by.. you!

*quiz tune goes on*

And ladies and gentlemen.. In this fun thread there will be no whining but winning, no complaining but competing and only answers, encouragements, confirmations and new quiz questions will be posted! :eek:

The first, that would be me in this case, will post a NCL related quiz question and you, the others, will try and do your best to answer the question in order to win.. *drum roll*.. the honor of posting the next NCL related quiz question! And so on, and so on!

Perhaps we might even have a scoreboard, or not, it's freestyle after all! :cool:

So, all set?

*quiz tune goes over to really difficult question tune*

QUIZ TIME!!

Which three cruise lines will call at Norwegian's Great Stirrup Cay in 2016? ;)

First with the correct answer, confirmed by the questioner or others may post a next question. Enjoy! :D

Not to be off-topic - I can understand NCL and Oceania at Great Stirrup, but how did MSC gain access? Just wondering what kind lease agreement did they sign up to? :confused:

Edit- regarding the difference (which I know I going to get wrong) between the Service Charge and Gratuity / Tip (I personally believe is no difference because auto tips are services charges) - The Service charge is daily fee charged against the account for such staff as complimentary dining and room steward while the gratuities/tips is given not out of obligation but for 'going the extra mile' especially to services not cover by the DSC such as butler or youth program staff.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#tipping

http://www.ncl.com/faq#service-charge

Edited by maywell

You've just blown your best quiz question no CCer could ever answer.. ;)

No.. because the next question is - Will NCL holdings ever buy MSC or stake in it? Or will MSC buy NCL Holdings or a stake in it? :eek:

What is the difference (cite source) between a Service Charge and a Gratuity/Tip?

Gratuity is optional and a Service Charge is not. There are also differences in how taxes are applied to each.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/business/Service-charges--gratuities-and-tips-and-why-you-need-to-know-the-difference_9461924

6&8