Embarkation GP in NYC

wanderingjew

Is the check in easy for platinum cruiser what time do they board the ship?

We got off the Golden Princess last Saturday. Our cruise was on the 10th & embarkations was very easy. We got to Manhattan at 11:30AM, but it took us another 30/45 minutes to get to the ship, loads of cars & people. Platinum goes right in, you give your info, & get your key card. Get right on the ship. Was very fast & easy.

Minette

The problem is getting to the port, not boarding the ship..everyone is leaving their hotels at 11:00, coupled with the normal traffic.....we were 5 min, away it took us 45 minutes to get their on a Sunday because of a bike race...my suggestion...check what is going on the day you depart and go later. When we left the ship there was a Jets game again a long "sit" to the airport..lucky for us we had Super shuttle so didn't get nailed for Taxi fare.

The problem is getting to the port, not boarding the ship..everyone is leaving their hotels at 11:00, coupled with the normal traffic.....we were 5 min, away it took us 45 minutes to get their on a Sunday because of a bike race...my suggestion...check what is going on the day you depart and go later. When we left the ship there was a Jets game again a long "sit" to the airport..lucky for us we had Super shuttle so didn't get nailed for Taxi fare.

I'm taking the subway and bus there if there's traffic ill walk

When we went on our cruise out of NYC, I wanted to walk to the ship when our cab got stuck in traffic near the pier. It was frustrating to see the ship and not be able to get to it quicker. (And even more frustrating for me to see fare on the taxi meter getting higher and higher--but it was still less than $40 from LGA.)

Once we got to the pier, things went very quickly. The Princess folks know how to handle check-in expeditiously.

Archived