Navigator - Cruise Compass - 15Aug9 - Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica

Thanks so much! Leaving Sunday on the same itinerary!

Question for you regarding the dress code in the Main Dining Room. Been hearing from others recently off the ship that they had relaxed the dress code to allow for shorts in MDR for Dinner. These indicate that "short pants" are not permitted in MDR.

What was your experience?

Thanks so much! Leaving Sunday on the same itinerary!

Question for you regarding the dress code in the Main Dining Room. Been hearing from others recently off the ship that they had relaxed the dress code to allow for shorts in MDR for Dinner. These indicate that "short pants" are not permitted in MDR.

What was your experience?

We dressed up -

- Formal nights - tux, nice dresses.

- Other nights - slacks, dress shirt, tie (except one night, shirt collar was too tight to get top button done :( ) and dresses for the ladies.

- This year, skipped the sport jacket.

Honestly I didn't look around much, but there was a wide range of dress. I didn't specifically notice any shorts/t-shirts. I did notice some more casual than others.

Edited by AustinCruise

Other tidbits -

Departure day - Arrived Galveston 1pm. Dropped off bags at terminal, went to park, through lines and on ship by 1:45pm. Pretty good compared to previous trips.

- If you want to do the flowrider, it was running. Wear your suit and get in some time w/o a line!

Return day - Ship docked ~7am. Saw people going down the gangway around 7:15am (self assist?). We were in boarding group 1. Out of the ship at 8:35am. Grabbed a porter, through customs (no line), car loaded, and on the road by 9am. nice improvement over the last time. Not sure how it went later in the day for the other boarding groups.

We have a later shuttle picking us up from the ship at the end of our cruise. Is there anyplace inside to sit comfortably while waiting? Any restrooms? Is there anything, like a store or restaurant, within walking distance to kill some time, while one sits with luggage waiting at the terminal?

We have a later shuttle picking us up from the ship at the end of our cruise. Is there anyplace inside to sit comfortably while waiting? Any restrooms? Is there anything, like a store or restaurant, within walking distance to kill some time, while one sits with luggage waiting at the terminal?

Hey Cruising Grandma! I cannot recall any area to sit at the disembarkation area that is inside. There are benches outside, but they get taken fairly quickly, and it's usually pretty warm and definitely humid! I know there are restrooms inside the terminal upon boarding, but have never noticed any at the disembarkation area.

We returned from our Panama Canal cruise, we were going with a group to Hobby. The bus was somewhat late in showing up. We were lucky at one point to be able to sit on one of the benches outside. We would get up and go stand by the doors to get a spot of cool air. :)

I would suggest staying on the ship as long as you can. It gets pretty crowded outside with both disembarking and embarking passengers.

Hey Cruising Grandma! I cannot recall any area to sit at the disembarkation area that is inside. There are benches outside, but they get taken fairly quickly, and it's usually pretty warm and definitely humid! I know there are restrooms inside the terminal upon boarding, but have never noticed any at the disembarkation area.

We returned from our Panama Canal cruise, we were going with a group to Hobby. The bus was somewhat late in showing up. We were lucky at one point to be able to sit on one of the benches outside. We would get up and go stand by the doors to get a spot of cool air. :)

I would suggest staying on the ship as long as you can. It gets pretty crowded outside with both disembarking and embarking passengers.

Thanks, Dena. We will stay onboard as long as possible, but we have a late shuttle picking us up. We had our car last time we cruised from Galveston.

The porter asked us how we were getting home and if we needed restrooms after we went through customs. So I assume there are restrooms outside. There really isn't much for seating, just benches outside the terminal.

There is a starbucks down the street and we totally enjoyed crab cakes at Olympia Grill a year back. Not sure what else is around. Google maps is showing a fudruckers, a jimmy johns, a joe's crab shack. Not too far away, but carrying luggage may be a different story.

The porter asked us how we were getting home and if we needed restrooms after we went through customs. So I assume there are restrooms outside. There really isn't much for seating, just benches outside the terminal.

There is a starbucks down the street and we totally enjoyed crab cakes at Olympia Grill a year back. Not sure what else is around. Google maps is showing a fudruckers, a jimmy johns, a joe's crab shack. Not too far away, but carrying luggage may be a different story.

Thanks for your suggestions. We are on a wait list for an earlier shuttle, so may not have to wait long.

Edited by cruising grandma

• 3 weeks later...