Birthday while on board - questions?

FLIP FLOP GAL

Hello!

We will be celebrating my wife's birthday while on our Getaway cruise in Nov. I ordered the birthday package already through NCL, has anyone ever done this? What does it consist of, and, what time of day do they decorate?

Also, I want to get her a spa treatment. I wanted to surprise her with it on the ship...but, I wasn't sure if this is something that is recommended to book in advance. Also, I thought she might be able to take advantage of some spa discounts on a port day, etc. What are your thoughts?

Thanks - I've already been at the link and ordered the party package through it. I was more curious about the cake, details on that.

Here is a pic of the cake DH got 3 years ago.

8167087346_4df50b89bf.jpg

It was about 10 inches wide and good sized.

Edited by Snowrose

Thanks - I've already been at the link and ordered the party package through it. I was more curious about the cake, details on that.

We have had the anniversary cake a couple of times (once for us, once for my parents) and it tasted surprisingly good. I am assuming the birthday cake is the same. They left it with a couple of plates/forks/napkins in the room and then took it away when we told the room steward we were finished with it.

I don't know which ship you are going on but on Getaway, the butler provided a Square shaped white happy b-day cake. I also ordered a Chocolate Mousse Cake from Carlo's Bake Shop. Then on my husband's actual b-day we ate in Ocean Blu and they provided another chocolate cake form Carlo's Bake Shop - my husband said this third cake was the best, followed by the chocolate mousse cake and then the white cake the butler brought. But my husband is chocolate crazy!

If you want to do something fabulous, buy your wife the week long spa pass on the Getaway. It is well worth it and I believe you can buy it online prior to the cruise - it will sell out! The spa has aroma steam room, salt room, sauna, saunarium, heated tile loungers, padded loungers, hot tub and best of all a water circuit in the pool. It is FANTASTIC! There are also the best showers on the whole ship in the spa dressing rooms. I went to the spa every single day of our Getaway cruise.

The cake and decorations look great, thanks for the pics :) If the package is ordered, can you specify what day/date you want the cake or is it only on embarkation day? We're not sailing until next June but it will be my dd's birthday a few days in and I would like to get this for the actual day of her birthday. I saw on the link about picking your date for decorations, can I assume the cake would be delivered on the date specified also?

The cake and decorations look great, thanks for the pics :) If the package is ordered, can you specify what day/date you want the cake or is it only on embarkation day? We're not sailing until next June but it will be my dd's birthday a few days in and I would like to get this for the actual day of her birthday. I saw on the link about picking your date for decorations, can I assume the cake would be delivered on the date specified also?

Yup I picked the date for the stuff to be done.

My TA had the birthday package for me as a surprise. On my birthday there was a few decorations hanging and a little tinsel centerpiece on the table. Never got the cake or anything else.

When I got home did not know what to say to my TA since it seemed more like a freebie than a paid package, but I did ask he indeed paid for a cake and bottle of champagne which I never received. I questioned the cruise line and was told how do they know I never received it, why did t I complain that day. Since I did not know what was paid for how could I complain that day.

I felt like they were calling me a liar and I ate the cake and lied about it. Won't do a celebration package unless I am there to check it out.

My birthday is the day we sail, 10/4. Does the ship provide anything for free such as a small cake or does everything have to be paid for? I thought I saw something about a passenger getting a voucher to bring to one of the restaurants and they got a small little cake for maybe 2 people?! It's only me and my 9 year old going on the cruise so I know she can't order a cake for me and I know if I order a cake we both wont finish it. They look huge!

My birthday is the day we sail, 10/4. Does the ship provide anything for free such as a small cake or does everything have to be paid for? I thought I saw something about a passenger getting a voucher to bring to one of the restaurants and they got a small little cake for maybe 2 people?! It's only me and my 9 year old going on the cruise so I know she can't order a cake for me and I know if I order a cake we both wont finish it. They look huge!

Yes, if you told them it was your birthday when you booked, on embarkation day there will be a little voucher in your room. You bring the voucher to dinner on the night you want to celebrate. On the Gem last week it was a square cake.

I didn't tell my cruise agent or the cruiseline that my birthday was during our 8/1 cruise, but there was a little birthday cupcake delivered to our stateroom on my birthday. It wasn't until the next day that I had noticed there was a voucher to take to one of the restaurants. I think it was either delivered the night before my birthday or the day of. I didn't mind since we had so many desserts on our cruise.

Josiane