Your first RCI ship

nikki303

Nordic Empress (now Empress of the Seas). Gorgeous vessel and truly (literally) one-of-a-kind.

Little known fact...this vessel was originally designed by & destined to join the Admiral Cruises fleet! However, RCI merged/took-over Admiral Cruises and also assumed this vessel (which was being designed or under construction at the time) as their own.

When she debuted (June, 1990), she was by-far the most beautiful & progessive ship of her day. Many captains at RCI have raved about how easy she is to sail. Gloria Estefan is her godmother, in case you didn't know. LOL!

I enjoyed many subsequent, fond cruises on this vessel and would luv to sail on her again someday. Just an all-around good vibe on this "little" ship!

Nordic Prince in 1981. We sailed her twice and also sailed on Song of Norway (2), Song of America (1), Sun Viking (1), Soverign of the Seas (2), Splendour (3), Grandeur (1), and Rhapsody (2). We sail the Splendour again in November. We don't have a favorite cruise line but it seems as if we sail RCI more often than other good lines.

What was the very first Royal Caribbean ship you sailed on? And has anyone ever sailed on all 19 of them?

For me Explorer was my first and I have been on 5 cruises with them on 4 different ships.

Our very first sailing will be on August 27, 2006 on Serenade of the Seas to Alaska. Actually our first time on any ship unless you count the Navy Hospital ships I went on with my dad when I was a kid (a long long time ago).

We're hoping that this will be the first cruise of many more to come.

Nordic Empress back in "92 I think it was. It was my first ever cruise. Cabin the size of a closet, no specialty restaurants, rock climbing wall, lattes, ice cream shoppes, internet cafes or movie theaters. :-) With a cabin mate I had never met before the sailing date. Couldn't get any friends to go and wasn't able to afford much so got matched w/ a roomate in the absolute cheapest inside category.

It was the best vacation I had ever had. I don't have a single bad thing to say about that cruise even after being on a few since then. It was a beautiful ship and a fantastic crew and by a miracle I got on swimmingly with my cabinmate.

I've been on Carnival, Norwegian, Princess and Celebrity each once since then and am starting over with RCCL on the Majesty this November. I can't wait. That first cruise no longer holds the title of "best vacation", I chartered a 42' crewed catamaran last winter for a week in the out islands of the Bahamas and that now holds the crown, but I will always love the Nordic Empress.

Gail

My very first was the Nordic Prince, and boy I was in love. Then came the Sovereign and fickle girl that i am, I fell in love with the new kid in town. But each new adventure brings a new love into my life. :) I haven't found a ship yet ( on RCCL) that i didn't like.

We haven't been on all 19, but we have sailed 13 of them, some of them multiple times. I guess I better get busy, lol.

now let's see what did i miss?

Adventure, Navigator, Brilliance, Serenade, Legend, Vision and Rhapsody. (I think i'll wait for the stretches on the last three though).

Isn't it funny...you very rarely hear of anyone going on one cruise and stopping!!! One cruise leads to another and another and another...;)

We first cruised in 1997 and loved it! We decided to cruise every 5 years or so ...LOL we went again in 2000, then 2002, then 2003, then 2004 and this year we went in May and are cruising again in November and have one booked for next July!!! So much for every 5 years!!!

Here-here. Keep up the good work. :D

Still remembering our first site of the Enchantment waiting for us in Ft. Lauderdale.

Then the call of the cruise director at 4pm saying: Enchantment is ready to sail. All aboard! Visiting guests please leave now before too late. :p

.....and finally the ship's whistle anouncing the start of a holiday never again to forget! Sail-away party well under way and the all time favourite song(words).....

I see skies of blue, red roses too, I see them bloom, for me and you & ......

"I think to myself, what a wonderful world!"

.....on the piano in the centrum-atrium.

Counting the days to our next.

Archived