Doing the Doc Dance, But Have A Question

jasmine196

:D I am so excited, I got my doc's last night, so I'm finally doing the doc dance. But I have a question. I booked a 4A Guar. Everywhere on the doc's it says guar. However, I thought I heard some people on this board say there was a spot with your cabin number on it. I was looking around and in the corner on everypage, it has my booking number, along with another number VA1030. Is this my cabin? Thanks for your help in advance.

Vicky

Since I don't see a cabin #1030 on the Valor, I don't think this is your assignment.

More likely, this is the voyage number of the Valor, your particular cruise date. Since the space for the cabin assignement is still marked GUAR, your assignment has not yet been made. Sometimes it does not come until you are at the dock, sometimes earlier. Have you checked online? If and when one has been made, it will show up there under the book/modify page. You still have 5 weeks to go, and I know you are anxious, but just keep checking back.

Jasmine--check the lower left corner on the back of the sale and sign page in your docs. I read someplace on this board that you probably get the cabin # which follows your booking number in that section of the page. On mine, I got a 6A cabin number and booked a 1A guarantee--yea, I'm cheap and a gambler. On mine, it was the same number a carnival rep told me I had, before a supervisor told my TA it is not my assigned cabin. I think it is still "penciled in". When I go to my boarding pass page and order a gift, my cabin still comes up as guarantee, but the message in red is something like guaranteed orders need to be placed by phone. It is the same if I delete the guarantee there and insert what I think is my cabin number. I get the same message. However if I type in any other cabin number, I get a different message that is sort of like "booking number is not compatible with cabin number.

Conclusion is that we are still "penciled in" to that cabin, but that Carnival retains the right to change it if they feel like it. My cruise is about 30 days out.

I am beginning to think I won't know for sure until we board. My hope was that Carnival would not put seniors in bunk beds because of the liability if they fall out.

Okay, I am cheap, a gambler and a dreamer. Good combination. Good luck with your upgrade.

Mustgo-

I agree with you on the VA1023. We are leaving on October 23rd on the Valor.

But....we were still showing a GUAR when we received the docs today and I looked at the back of the Sail and Sign Card and it looks like we might have and 8D. :) Very exciting!! They keep telling us we are still a Guarantee but if your message is right, we should end up on the Lido deck!!

Thanks for your post!!

Yep, that's what VA1030 means, darn, it was a great upgrade. No biggie, I found the cabin number on the back of the s&s document. Got upgraded from 4A to 6B room 6206 which is a part obstr. oceanview. However looking at where it is, its only obst by a walkway. That room is at the extreme front of the ship. And if its not where I stay, not complaining, I could sleep in the engine room, as long as I'm on vacation. But I think your right, probably won't know for sure till I'm at the dock.

I know that a lot of people get their number in advance. A couple of years back we took a guarantee and did not get our numbers until we got to the dock.

Received a small upgrade and we right beside our children. Worked our great.

Part of the suspense was not knowing. I love a mystery!!:p

Regarding Voyage numbers, here is what I have been able to figure out. My last cruise on Triumph was 10/23/2004. The Voyage Number is TI20041023007.

The TI is Triumph. If you are interested in what the two letter codes are for all of the ships, go to Carnivals site, clikc on Fun ships, and select a specific ship. In the address you will see at the end of it the following "shipCode=TI" in the case of Triumph. The numbers are year (4 digit), Month, Date. The last threee digits, 007 in this case is for a 7 day cruise. I am assuming that it is 3 digits long so that they could have a potential cruise of 180 days, or 100 days, or anything like that.

I have seval Vayage #'s from our cruises, and they all seem to fit the above rules.

Just my best educated guess.

Hey guys,

We were originally booked on the Valor going out on 10/9 and had to change it to 10/23 due to some unforseen issues. We had already received our docs for the 9th with a room assignment. We received our docs for 10/23 yesterday with the GUAR still on them.

After reading this post, I went and looked at the back of the sign and sail card to see if I could find our room number and I did see what looked like a room number. Then I went and looked at the old docs for the 9th for which we did have a cabin assigned and lo and behold it was the same number as what was on the back of the sign and sail.

We are still hopeful that the upgrade fairy will maybe give us a suite (crossing fingers....) but we will be very happy if the room is truly what is on the back of the card.

Archived