GTY CABINS..When Assigned

closecruiser

Celebrity cancelled my CS suite on my upcoming cruise in December , by mistake, and resold the cabin. They blamed my TA. Alas, an investigation was completed and it is indeed Celebrities fault. And as a kicker, we booked our suite 1 year ago. All suites are sold out on our cruise. We are loyal to Celebrity as well. Boy, if your compensation was so meager, I fear what our compensation will be.

We are sailing in a NCL Haven on the Breakaway next year.( My first time straying from the RCI/Celebrity brand) Hope we have a better experience.:)

We were going to ask them for the ability to eat in the new suite restaurant too. And just like you, the highest category we could rebook in was in Aqua-at the prevailing rate of course. My Husband was not fond of Blu on our last cruise:(

I guess we will see what they say on Monday. Their customer service through the whole ordeal has been disheartening and I totally understand why you would feel a need to spend your money elsewhere.

I am going to give them one more chance. I don't want to judge the whole line for one horrific 'mistake'. But indeed I am still upset and at times I just want to throw in the towel and never sail them again.

I booked a different sailing as a suite gty. Boy I am concerned. I just did not think this could happen-to anyone!

I am so sorry that you are going through this. :(

I am so sorry for you, and I know exactly how you feel, almost betrayed. We've cruised in a CS on the Equinox and it spoiled me rotten. We are actually cruising for 398. the amount of the taxes and port charges. I don't think Celebrity realizes how loyal some of her customers are but there comes a point when you feel abused. We have never had a problem with a suite gty and have always been pleased with our suite . Only once were we upgraded to a CS and that was on a Barcelona run trip eastern med. trip 3 years ago.

So we are sailing free but aggravated, We leave tomorrow from Bayonne to Bermuda and I'm planning on having a great time. But evidently there have been many people to whom Celebrity has not been loyal. By the way, they are allowing us to eat in luminae One time during the cruise. No specialty dining or drinking .

Did you book the CS or was it through a gty? If you actually booked it , the situation is inexcusable. Let e know how your saga turns out. We aren't giving up on Celebrity though I don't think our 50th anniversary big cruise will be with them

• 4 weeks later...

I recently "upgraded" to a decently priced balcony guarantee on the upcoming Connie TA. That was a week and a half ago and I have yet to be given a cabin assignment. I just checked and certain websites are showing there are no more cabins available.

Not TOO worried as there's still around 50 days before the cruise departs so Celebrity has a bit of time to fill unassigned guarantees with any cancellations between now and then. Guess there could also be a number of cabins on hold as well.

We shall see...:cool: