Hurricane Danny

Just received an email from our TA and a text from RCL that our Oasis cruise for tomorrow has changed its itinerary.

DatePortArriveDepart

Saturday, August 22, 2015Fort Lauderdale 4:30 PM

Sunday, August 23, 2015Nassau, Bahamas7:00 AM6:00 PM

Monday, August 24, 2015Cruising

Tuesday, August 25, 2015Cruising

Wednesday, August 26, 2015Costa Maya, Mexico8:00 AM6:00 PM

Thursday, August 27, 2015Cozumel, Mexico8:00 AM7:00 PM

Friday, August 28, 2015Cruising

Saturday, August 29, 2015Fort Lauderdale6:15 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We received a an email from our TA that our Oasis sailing for tomorrow, will have a new itinerary due to the storm. We were supposed to go eastern.

DatePortArriveDepart

Saturday, August 22, 2015Fort Lauderdale 4:30 PM

Sunday, August 23, 2015Nassau, Bahamas7:00 AM6:00 PM

Monday, August 24, 2015Cruising

Tuesday, August 25, 2015Cruising

Wednesday, August 26, 2015Costa Maya, Mexico8:00 AM6:00 PM

Thursday, August 27, 2015Cozumel, Mexico8:00 AM7:00 PM

Friday, August 28, 2015Cruising

Saturday, August 29, 2015Fort Lauderdale6:15 AM

Tropical Weather Update

August 21, 2015

6:00 p.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Danny to ensure guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern.

Adventure of the Seas

Hurricane Danny has been forecast to pass directly through the Lesser Antilles and Eastern Caribbean. Due to the path of the of the storm, Adventure of the Seas will not call on St. Johns, Antigua, Castries, St. Lucia and Bridgetown, Barbados this weekend.

Oasis of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas will not be able to call to the Eastern Caribbean ports of call as originally scheduled. Instead, the ship will sail to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico, in an effort to try to find sunny skies and the calmest seas possible.

We encourage guests sailing on Freedom of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas and Independence of the Seas monitor this website for any additional updates.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section on your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin

Royal Caribbean will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will update this information again tomorrow, August 22, 2015.

Need help?

BulletIf you're having trouble, you can complete our e-mail form and one of our representatives will contact you.

BulletIf you prefer, you can call us directly.

BulletOr you may search this site for more information.

Royal just put out notices of itinerary changes for Adventure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas. They advise if you are sailing the Freedom, Navigator, and Independence to closely monitor their website for changes.

We are on the Sunday sailing of Freedom too, we are really hoping that we will not have any changes as we really wanted to visit Maho beach however have kind of accepted the fact that it'll probably happen.

I'll probably get shot down for asking this however do Royal Caribbean offer any partial refund / cabin credit for a changed itinerary or do they have an "act of God" policy?

We are on the Sunday sailing of Freedom too, we are really hoping that we will not have any changes as we really wanted to visit Maho beach however have kind of accepted the fact that it'll probably happen.

I'll probably get shot down for asking this however do Royal Caribbean offer any partial refund / cabin credit for a changed itinerary or do they have an "act of God" policy?

Yes the "act of God " policy does come into play.

Does anyone know which ports are they concerned about with Navigator of the Seas? Royal says we should keep checking. We are currently scheduled for Cozumel, Cayman and Jamaica out of Texas. Thanks!

Does anyone know which ports are they concerned about with Navigator of the Seas? Royal says we should keep checking. We are currently scheduled for Cozumel, Cayman and Jamaica out of Texas. Thanks!

So far, it looks like they are only changing some Eastern Caribbean itineraries.

Was the Oasis scheduled to go to Nassau originally?

I believe so. I think they replaced St. Thomas and St. Maarten with Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Yes, we are still going to Nassau tomorrow and Costa Maya and Cozumel Wednesday and Thursday instead of St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

I've never had a bad cruise and weather is never a factor, nor do I avoid sailing at hurricane season. I leave Friday on the EN for a short Bahamas cruise. We may not be able to tender at Coco Cay. Oh well. It won't ruin anything for me.

You said you had two cruises interrupted by hurricanes, WOW you must be one unlucky cruiser LOL. Having lived in Florida for over 40 years I have only been affected by one, well two hurricanes. Funny we went through that almost hurricane this spring off the Bahamas and no big deal but we were slightly ahead of it.

I think some one said it first, it is more of a worry that it will hit the debarkation port, that could be ugly.

We are on the Serenade Snow bird cruise in October, guess what, that is the prime season for hurricanes the entire eastern seabord, :eek: but I'm lucky :D

Yes, the real concern with a hurricane that affects the ship's home port. If this happens, the ship will have to do on of two things - stay at sea until the storm clears, or stop at an alternate port. Staying at sea is the ideal situation because that allows the ship to return to the proper port for current passengers to disembark where expected, albeit with possible changes in flight plans. This also means that passengers expecting to embark on the ship for the next cruise will be delayed.

The best solution for the passengers is to make sure they have adequate travel insurance that will pay for extra lodging and flight change fees, or would reimburse the price of the trip in the event the cruise is canceled. Just make sure it covers hurricanes and that it covers what you want. Some will cover the entire trip's cost if the departure is changed or delayed more than 12 hours. There may be some policies that have lower levels of coverage. It's best to find those answers before choosing an insurance policy.

Could there be a chance that they could just cancel the whole cruise? I'm thinking if the other ports are rammed with other cruises etc and with a fire a few weeks ago (do they need to repair anything?) that it maybe easier just to cancel the whole week?

I really hope not however we are in Orlando at the moment having spent 10 days here, another 7 days would be nice (however would rather be on the FOS!)