Drinks Packages

Jenna1983

The All-Inclusive won't work because there's people in my cabin who cannot medically drink. So, it appears there's the following options available:

$60 USD- 5 bottles of house-brand wine (white, red and rosé - wine brands are subject of current availability). Vouchers can be consumed only in main restaurants. THIS TREATMENT IS RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR AMERICAN "ALBATOURST" PASSENGERS ON CRUISES IN EUROPE AND EURO AREAS

$84 USD- Beverage card for 18 consumptions, valid for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, as well as take away ice- cream in a cone or cup. The drinks not covered by the package are indicated by an asterisk.

I personally cannot drink red/rosé wine (severe reaction to it), so I am assuming they pick your bottles for the wine packages? Or do you get to pick them? Also, if I pre-book these packages in USD vs booking onboard in Euro, do I pay a 15% service fee ahead of time or when I get each individual drink or bottle from the package?

Thanks!

The All-Inclusive won't work because there's people in my cabin who cannot medically drink. So, it appears there's the following options available:

$60 USD- 5 bottles of house-brand wine (white, red and rosé - wine brands are subject of current availability). Vouchers can be consumed only in main restaurants. THIS TREATMENT IS RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR AMERICAN "ALBATOURST" PASSENGERS ON CRUISES IN EUROPE AND EURO AREAS

$84 USD- Beverage card for 18 consumptions, valid for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, as well as take away ice- cream in a cone or cup. The drinks not covered by the package are indicated by an asterisk.

I personally cannot drink red/rosé wine (severe reaction to it), so I am assuming they pick your bottles for the wine packages? Or do you get to pick them? Also, if I pre-book these packages in USD vs booking onboard in Euro, do I pay a 15% service fee ahead of time or when I get each individual drink or bottle from the package?

Thanks!

No you don't get to pick your own bottles, you get what the package includes. Your choice is what order to drink them in.

I'm not familiar with the packages available through MSC USA, but they always have red! white or mixed packages. You'll need to be certain you are buying a white only one.

Are you sure you actually need a package? If there is not going to be a lot of alcohol consumption in your group, then you may be better just ordering a carafe of white wine in the MDR or just picking the bottle you want off the wine list. If you don't drink it all in one sitting, they will keep it for you and give it back the following evening.

I would agree with AmoMondo. Pay as you go for the first day or two and see how that goes and check out the options onboard at the same time. Speak to a sommelier, too. He may be able to help with some value choices. As Amo said, any unused wine gets kept for you and stored in optimum conditions until your next visit to the MDR.

I personally can drink the 18 drinks for $84. That's less than 2 per day. There are friends who can drink too (six of us traveling, two don't drink; however, two cannot drink red/rosé). It translates to about $4.66 a drink, which is pretty cheap for a glass of wine in USD. Pricier for a beer depending on what they have on draft. It doesn't sound like the wine packages would be beneficial to me if they pick for you. What about the service fee if I pre-pay? Do I pay when I order the drink (ie I do the card)?