What's your best cabin tip?

joellebridgers

I have a "Cruise List" saved on my computer and when the time comes, I print it out and start the gathering process. My list has definitely evolved over the years. I would like to add a squeegee to the suggestions already given. I like my balcony glass clean and free of salt and I hate to bother the steward so I just do it myself. This year, no squeegee. Booked in a Cove. I also bring my own coffee mugs because their cups are too small. Of course, I fill my cup using their cups so I don't contaminate the dispenser. :D

Not exactly a room tip but still a good forum to share this. Our luggage is all black or dark gray. I buy a roll of multicolored duck tape at the dollar store. Mash it flat so that it packs easily. At the end of each cruise, wrap a couple of strips around each suitcase which makes it so easy to find in the sea of luggage when disembarking. The more colorful and distinctive the tape, the better. This may be a little tacky, but it sure works.

We purchase the $1 fabric bandanas from Walmart that are bright colors and attach to the luggage handles. Ours are super easy to spot now :D

We too use Ebags packing cubes ...mainly for undies and socks etc. They are awesome!

Edited by VacationingCharlene

For the ones who use magnetic hooks.... Does Splendor have magnetic walls to use these on? This would help with our hats.

These are some great tips! Thanks everyone!!

From your tips I have learned to bring:

Laundry Bags, packing cubes, good power strips, flashlights, clips to hang clothes to dry, utilize the drawers under the sofa, get steward to remove items in fridge for more room, keep hangers on clothes for easy unpacking, suitcases fit under the bed, folder for fun times, highlighter for fun times..... Anything else I'm missing?

I found an 18" foldable black duffle-type bag at Walmart. We put our dirty clothes in it as we wear them - like you would a hamper - and send it off with the luggage the last night. Boarding, I pack tight. By removing the dirties there is plenty of room for souvenirs and packing up is a breeze the last night.

At Walmart, I also found a hanging toiletries bag that has 3 roomy sections and folds up to put in the suitcase. As soon as we get to the cabin I unroll it and hang it from the bathroom door hook and "presto" all of my toiletries are unpacked and organized. :D

We unpack everything the first afternoon (we try to be done before muster drill) and slide the suitcases under the bed. It makes us feel more organized :) Each morning before we leave the cabin we try to tidy up any junk we have laying around so as the steward does his thing ,..,. it feels fresh.

Well I found out that there are drawers under the sofa, but I usually book a porthole cabin without sofa.

Unpack everything, use a plastic bag for dirty laundry, store suitcases under the bed, and while an over the door shoe hanger would be helpful if there are more than two of us in a cabin, I usually just use an LL bean carry case, and hang it outside the bathroom.

A great steward is wonderful, but just straightening out the room and pulling up the sheets on the bed makes for a cleaner look.

Be sure you put that bag in the closet or in your luggage under the bed, ours got thrown out when the cabin was cleaned one day and the steward had to go out of his way to find and return it (Granddaughter's brand new clothes were in it)..