Question for POA1

Krazy Kruizers

I'm sorry to hear that. Wow, crazy price for a deposit :eek:. Thx for coming back and letting me know. Seems I need to spend more money on my drugs ;). While I've never done the usd to cdn thing one time they had to credit back an old FCD for a new one and they were able to do that in house.

It's been a long time since I've booked a cruise without an FCD. The PCC told me that the deposit amount depends on the length of the cruise. I booked a 21 day cruise. I guess that's why it's high.

Oh, well, there will be less to pay at final payment. It did feel good to have booked a Caribbean cruise when I walked home in the SNOW :eek: this afternoon!!

It's been a long time since I've booked a cruise without an FCD. The PCC told me that the deposit amount depends on the length of the cruise. I booked a 21 day cruise. I guess that's why it's high.

Oh, well, there will be less to pay at final payment. It did feel good to have booked a Caribbean cruise when I walked home in the SNOW :eek: this afternoon!!

Crazy weather eh? I don't think it snowed in my neighbourhood and I was driving all over the city today too. I think I got home just in time. Some of the pics around the city weren't impressive.

That is a long cruise.

I noticed on one thread that you mentioned that you were able to book a cruise for December 2016.

We tried to book a fall cruise for 2015 and our TA was told that they can't be booked until the end of summer.

Krazy Kruizers,

Did your TA get you booked on the cruise that you wanted? Just wondering. If it wasn't showing up on their computers to book yet, they could have picked up the phone and called HAL directly to get you booked.

I guess I better not complain about the chilly morning temperatures here in southern BC, then. But I am getting antsy to be on my way for our holiday cruise. If it works out, we may make it an annual thing! So it's looking like the holiday cruises come out no more than 16 months ahead...

I guess I better not complain about the chilly morning temperatures here in southern BC, then. But I am getting antsy to be on my way for our holiday cruise. If it works out, we may make it an annual thing! So it's looking like the holiday cruises come out no more than 16 months ahead...

Ahh, it wasn't that bad; just flurries for a wee while. None of the snow stuck. And the snow in the Kananaskis and mountains will be gone in a few days. But it is chilly here this morning. Although it looks like we didn't get hit by frost which is good as the tomatoes are ripening now. My house has finally cooled down after the last few weeks of high temps.

I did ask the PCC about the 2016 holiday itineraries. She didn't know when they would be released, unfortunately. I'm hoping it will be soon. Given that one can now book into March 2017, I would think that the rest of 2016 would be released soon.

Do they always release in such an odd manner? Why any 2017 before all 2016? That's really rhetorical, I suppose...

I believe they do. I think they release a region at a time. But that doesn't really explain why they released partial Panama Canal cruises and not the full transits, or the Holiday cruises. And they release the Prinsendam itineraries all in a group. Maybe it's just a way to build anticipation? Or frustrate the heck out of people that they book elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Can you get the FCD refunded in usd and charged again in Canadian? Seems to me I've heard that this can be done but I'm not 100 % sure.

I have had the currency changed on FCDs several times, the most recent being this last spring to book our Hawaii/ Tahiti cruise.

I have had the currency changed on FCDs several times, the most recent being this last spring to book our Hawaii/ Tahiti cruise.

Thx. I was sure I'd heard it before. I hope Alberta quilter will go back to her pcc.

Thanks, Ladies. I had to call HAL anyway today because my reservation isn't showing up in My Account. My PCC isn't in today so I spoke to a CSR who said that she would forward the request to change the currency on the FCD to the applicable department. I should hear on Monday. If it's worked for some, it should work for me.

Sorry, I know off topic. But, holy moly - snow?

I'm in Florida. Can't even be outside more than 5 mins w/o my eyeballs frying from the heat.

Yes, SNOW!! But not a lot and only in certain parts of the city. None of it stuck to the ground. To the west of us, close to the Rockies, they received about 5 cm of snow yesterday.

Last year, in early September, we had quite a snow event that took down half of the tree canopy across the city because the heavy, wet snow fell on trees in full leaf. it was quite devastating, I think similar to hurricane damage.

We have very unique weather patterns here. We can have a foot or two of snow, in the winter, and then the next day, it can be +20C and melt it all away! Today's a beautiful day and expected to be good weather all next week. Yesterday was just a blip. Hopefully, there won't be any more snow until October/November.

Thanks, Ladies. I had to call HAL anyway today because my reservation isn't showing up in My Account. My PCC isn't in today so I spoke to a CSR who said that she would forward the request to change the currency on the FCD to the applicable department. I should hear on Monday. If it's worked for some, it should work for me.

Fingers crossed again. Good luck.

Fingers crossed again. Good luck.

Well, it seemed to have worked. I just got off the phone with my PCC. She had to cancel the USD FCD and get the credit card info to purchase a CAD FCD. She did have to get special permission from the department that handles FCDs.

So, it wasn't a conversion of the currency but a cancellation of the FCD in one currency and re-purchase of an FCD in the other currency. (Which is what I thought I asked for in the first place and was turned down.)

I'm glad you and Sapper encouraged me to try again. Thank you both, again. $100 is much better than $720!! I'm only concerned about tieing up that money for over a year, in case we end up cancelling the cruise. Given the economic situation right now, as Cruz Chic is well aware, one's employment is not guaranteed.

I have had trouble doing multiple quotes today.

But for those that mentioned I should get a new TA. I don't think so. We have had her for over 25 years and she has solved a lot of problems when HAL screwed up.

We have looked at and relooked at the fall 2016 itineraries and there is nothing that interest us. HAL has nothing new. So we will either look at another cruise line or just stay home and have some work done on the house.

Well, it seemed to have worked. I just got off the phone with my PCC. She had to cancel the USD FCD and get the credit card info to purchase a CAD FCD. She did have to get special permission from the department that handles FCDs.

So, it wasn't a conversion of the currency but a cancellation of the FCD in one currency and re-purchase of an FCD in the other currency. (Which is what I thought I asked for in the first place and was turned down.)

I'm glad you and Sapper encouraged me to try again. Thank you both, again. $100 is much better than $720!! I'm only concerned about tieing up that money for over a year, in case we end up cancelling the cruise. Given the economic situation right now, as Cruz Chic is well aware, one's employment is not guaranteed.

I'm so glad it worked out for you. You're right about the economy. I'm downtown today and I'm always surprised about how much building is going on down here. Who is going to fill these buildings? Got an email from a friend yesterday. She was telling me they have had a lot of layoffs at her company. Not many people left. Any time you can not tie up money early it's a bonus. Thx for coming back and letting us know.

Edited by cruz chic

I have had trouble doing multiple quotes today.

But for those that mentioned I should get a new TA. I don't think so. We have had her for over 25 years and she has solved a lot of problems when HAL screwed up.

We have looked at and relooked at the fall 2016 itineraries and there is nothing that interest us. HAL has nothing new. So we will either look at another cruise line or just stay home and have some work done on the house.

I'm glad that your ta has helped you out with Hal. It just seemed strange that she wasn't able to see the itineraries that were in the system. Too bad nothing appeals to you. I think it's always good to try other cruise lines. You may find something you like a lot better.