Early Saver, TA Question

Ahmne

Yes, you have to get your TA to submit it. Which sometimes is a hassle if they aren't in the office and able to do so in a timely manner (before the price changes again).

That's why I would never use a TA. If you don't feel comfortable booking online, just call the 800 number.

Thanks.

I booked through a TA in Canadian dollars but it's hard to find an accurate quote for 4 people in a room online in cdn.

There have been minor fluctuations in price in usd. Maybe I'll give them a call to see how it works for canadian customers.

Just like a labor union or sports agent, by signing with a TA, you have contractually obligated and assigned the TA to work on your behalf for all matters between you and the cruise line.

There are some exceptions of course. Purchasing excursions sold by the cruise line being one. Then again, your TA probably sent you a link to purchase some excursions that they offer through a 3rd party site.

Thanks.

I booked through a TA in Canadian dollars but it's hard to find an accurate quote for 4 people in a room online in cdn.

There have been minor fluctuations in price in usd. Maybe I'll give them a call to see how it works for canadian customers.

We booked through a TA as well. Just log into your Carnival account on the website, then go to manage your booking. Select print cruise documents ( you don't really need to print) and you can scroll down and see what the price you paid was in US dollars. That way you can check for price drops using fare viewer.

We booked through a TA as well. Just log into your Carnival account on the website, then go to manage your booking. Select print cruise documents ( you don't really need to print) and you can scroll down and see what the price you paid was in US dollars. That way you can check for price drops using fare viewer.

I tried this but the price there is Canadian (strange).

I called and they told me the US equivalent I can use to compare. They also said I can fill out the form online myself if I want to do a price protection claim but they will not be able to help me on the phone.

I tried this but the price there is Canadian (strange).

I called and they told me the US equivalent I can use to compare. They also said I can fill out the form online myself if I want to do a price protection claim but they will not be able to help me on the phone.

They told you wrong.

They will have to submit the form for you or call themselves.

Can you actually see your invoice with the price on the Carnival website if you booked through a TA? I was under the impression that the price was blocked. I have never checked on the few cruises I've booked with a TA, but I have read on CC that you can't see the actual price paid.

Can you actually see your invoice with the price on the Carnival website if you booked through a TA? I was under the impression that the price was blocked. I have never checked on the few cruises I've booked with a TA, but I have read on CC that you can't see the actual price paid.

When booking through TA, you cannot see the amount paid on your cruise docs. It just says "as agreed". With that said, it is quite simple for a TA to adjust the price due to an ES price drop by modifying the booking, without a need for submitting an ES form :)

When booking through TA, you cannot see the amount paid on your cruise docs. It just says "as agreed". With that said, it is quite simple for a TA to adjust the price due to an ES price drop by modifying the booking, without a need for submitting an ES form :)

This is false.

I have my Dec cruise booked through a TA.

If I try and go print the docs, which I just did, I see EXACTLY how much I paid.

This was the same for my last cruise which I also booked through a TA.

This is false.

If I try and go print the docs, which I just did, I see EXACTLY how much I paid.

Is your TA an actual licensed TA or interline agent? Or just somebody doing your booking for you?

Here is how it TYPICALLY looks when booking through a TA... now you will get a confirmation receipt that shows the price breakdown. But this is what the online documents look like.

ITEMIZED CHARGES

All charges are quoted in USD

CRUISE CHARGES

Cruise Rate As Agreed

Cruise Government Taxes and Fees* As Agreed

Total Cruise Charges As Agreed

TOTAL CHARGES As Agreed

All prices quoted in USD

Onboard Credit: 100.00

Promotional Onboard Credit: 100.00 Refundable

*Note: Cruise Government Fees and Taxes are subject to change and Carnival reserves the right to collect any increas in effect at the time of sailing even if the fare has already bee paid in full. For a full definition of "Cruise Government Fees and Taxes" please refer to paragraph 1 of the

cruise ticket contract. Any credit adjustments will appear on the guest00s onboard Sail and Sign account as an onboard credit.

This is false.

The invoice that the TA emails to me that she received from Carnival shows all pricing, but the online documents state "as agreed"

If the TA booked you into a group you will likely see "as agreed" if they booked you as an individual "FIT" cabin you will likely see the actual price paid. I say likely because things aren't always consistent.