Transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome Recommendations

sus809

My husband and I are staying in Rome (post-cruise) for 3 days and are looking for car service from the cruise port to Rome. We are also interested in a recommended tour guide/company for the Vatican. We don't mind going with a group.

Thank you.

My husband and I are staying in Rome (post-cruise) for 3 days and are looking for car service from the cruise port to Rome. We are also interested in a recommended tour guide/company for the Vatican. We don't mind going with a group.

Thank you.

If you look through some pages on this board you will find a wealth of info on how to get into Rome and car services,guides etc. This question is asked almost every day. Lots to choose from here.

It may be a frequently asked question, but the OP seems a bit new around here,

I had to dig a bit for info on transfers, and I am not a newbie.

Sus809 - as far as transfers, this seems to be the company most frequently recommended.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2026414

Try going back to the Italy Forum and using the Search This Forum tool in the upper right. Enter "Vatican Guide".

When we toured the Vatican a few years ago, our guide was arranged by the tour company we used in Rome (Romeinlimo). Her name was Sara, and she was fantastic. If you are DIY, I'm sure you can arrange a private giude for just the Vatican.

Edited by sippican

Yes, aren't these forums awesome!! I found cruise critic about 4 years ago I think and have been a frequent visitor since! This is how I discovered roll calls. Definitely booking private tours like italytoursharing.com have saved me a ton of money compared to the ships tours. I know people worry about getting back to the ship on time but these companies depend on these sites. That is how they build their reputation. This site has been the very best for travel info!! Thanks cruise critic posters!

You know another one on here that is very helpful is the cruise air site. I love it too.