noro virus on ryndam

choc56uk

The population density of the Dharavi slums, Mumbai, India are estimated at well in excess of 300,000 per square km. Using the Nieuw Amsterdam as a typical ship, it's density with full passenger and crew load extrapolated to one square km works out to approximately 226,111, or slightly more than 2/3 the density.

Up until it was demolished in 1993, the most crowded place on earth was Kowloon Walled City. It is estimated that it had a population density of up to 1.2 million per square kilometer.

I think you may have just wasted a bunch of pixels. :) Not everyone wants facts, a few seem to prefer hyperbole ;)

edited to add: but I appreciate the factual info....

Edited by CowPrincess

so ...... ive been on the phone to my hubby as he works away .... he's a heavy goods driver and lives for 3.5 days a week in a smaill cabin / his driving area ...and in all his yrs of driving has never got a touch of a bug - thank god ...nor any noro virus ....but anyhow what he wants to know is this

what is this code red ...and code orange

and what happens when we arrive at checkin and say its a code orange ?? please help us by explaining what this is ..and how we can adress this at check in

what happens if its a code red....?

and is there any prcedure do they follow when we check in ( if there have been any cases of noro in the cruise before us ) do they give us the choice of boarding or not ..

so do we get that choice on code orange ?

thanks for helpful replies

like i said before i have had this in the past for 3weeks and would not wish that on anyone

so ...... ive been on the phone to my hubby as he works away .... he's a heavy goods driver and lives for 3.5 days a week in a smaill cabin / his driving area ...and in all his yrs of driving has never got a touch of a bug - thank god ...nor any noro virus ....but anyhow what he wants to know is this

what is this code red ...and code orange

and what happens when we arrive at checkin and say its a code orange ?? please help us by explaining what this is ..and how we can adress this at check in

what happens if its a code red....?

and is there any prcedure do they follow when we check in ( if there have been any cases of noro in the cruise before us ) do they give us the choice of boarding or not ..

so do we get that choice on code orange ?

thanks for helpful replies

like i said before i have had this in the past for 3weeks and would not wish that on anyone

In my first post above, I think I explained Code Red. There is no self service, period. Certain venues are closed, no flowers, pepper mills and salt shakers on the dining tables. The buns, salt and pepper in paper packets, sugar, etc. are all served to you by the dining steward. In the Lido, you request the packets from an attendant.

If you've sailed HAL before, you've likely experienced Code Orange. It's similar to how the first 48 hours of a HAL cruise used to be, where there is no self service in the Lido but there will still be salt and pepper shakers in the MDR; I can't remember if there is in the Lido. I believe all venues are open.

I believe that an offer for a full refund will depend on the number of cases on the cruise prior to yours. If there are only a few cases there will probably not be such an offer. The offer was made to us when there were 70 reported cases on the prior cruise.

I agree with you about not wishing it on anyone. I had a very mild case of it but my mother's was much more severe. Thankfully for her, it was not as bad as your's.

I really hope that you will be able to take the cruise and that it is a noro free cruise.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

hi and thanks for the reply

ive finished work now for 2 weeks and im usually skipping around with the thought of our cruise ...but not this time ...i seem to be dreading it with anxiety and all the prior posts throught this summer with the noro being there on board im just fearful ...

like everyone what we pay is not cheap ..but we chose this cruise instead of a normal fly package holiday and at times i could kick myself now ...

i know that virus's can be picked up at any place ...hotel or cruise etc....its just the sheer thought and having restrictions on board ( weve never experienced code orange even ) weve only done 2 cruises before this ....so have never experienced anything ...

even if u arrive at a hotel ..and they have this ....a transfer to a different hotel will almost surely be offered .....

but being on board ....is a different concept ...

looing on the positive ...its sail from the uk so we are uk based so we have if need be alternative choices if offered - but i do hope all goes according to plan and we can enjoy what we have paid for ...