Which beach is closest to havensight pier?

RW20

There's a few restaurants by the beach and no shore excursions which go there. I have heard it is a nice beach which the ship crew often go to because it is less busy. It is only a 2 minute drive from the Havensight port.

I'm thinking it is Morningstar, past the Frenchman's Reef resort, The beach is not the greatest, but it does have a couple of places to eat. You can rent chairs & umbrellas, but there is not a lot of natural shade.

I understand they are now selling day passes too.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147408-d148074-Reviews-Morningstar_Beach-South_Coast_St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

Edited by HarpHarp

I have heard there is a small beach with shade that doesn't get the crowd that Magen's does. Does anyone know the name?

Emerald Beach is just a 12 - 15 minute cab ride from Havensight Pier and has natural shade with a nearby beach bar and restrooms.

Emerald Beach is just a 12 - 15 minute cab ride from Havensight Pier and has natural shade with a nearby beach bar and restrooms.

Emerald/Lindbergh is on the west side of town, much closer to the Crown Bay dock.

Frenchman's Reef Morningstar is a 5 minute cab ride & is walkable at 2.3 K, depending on your heat/sun tolerance & how you feel about walking on less than stellar roads.

Emerald is the nicer beach, but I'd head to Lindquist (few amenities), Sapphire or Coki from Havensight. Secret Harbor is small but has good snorkeling.

Edited by HarpHarp