Renewal of Vows-HELP

divadiverfl

Has anyone either married or renewed their vows on the Princess Line. We are going on the Coral in Feb and our friends are going to renew their vows. The dw does not know this however--I am the one to set everything up.

Should we tell her because I know she would love to find a dress for the event. She is the type that she does not go out of the house w/o make-up. She will be 63 but looks and acts 45. This will be their 35th anniversary.

HELP:eek: :eek: :eek:

My dh surprised me for our 25th. We renewed our vows on one of the formal nights.

Maybe you could encourage your friend to buy a new dress for formal night, or, if she was already buying a new one, something extra special and her dh could rent a tuxedo, so that she would still be surprised, but have something extra special to wear anyway?

People we met on our roll call renewed their vows on the Diamond last year. It was very nicely done. A few of us attended, got to meet the captain and then took them over to the wheelhouse bar for a couple of drinks. They did it on the 2nd formal night.

Personally, if it were me, I would want to know. Part of the experience is the antcipation and preparation. Just MHO.

We did a vow renewal on the CB in May, 2005. It was very well done. I knew we were having the ceremony. Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren were on the cruise with us. My daughter and DH had many surprises up their sleeves. Our granddaughter wore the dress the flowergirl had worn 35 years ago at our wedding,(I forgot I had given it to my daughter when our grand was born 5 years ago). She then found a deep lavender shirt for our grandson, he is eight, to wear with a dark purple tie all of which matched the flowergirl dress. He was in his first suit. The ceremony was held on a formal night. An orchid bouquet was included for me and we purchased a small carnation arm corsage for our granddaughter. The two children preceded us down the aisle. Then in the middle of the ceremony, Captain Romano asked if we had rings. I almost said "NO" but our grandson pulls out a ring case and the big surprise took place when my DH put a diamond and emerald ring on my finger. I was SO moved by the whole thing.

Our granddaughter now insists she is not our grandchild but our flower girl. Princess really does the renewal of vows right.

I told my DW about renewing our vows on the Diamond Princess before our cruise. She had so much fun shopping for a new gown and the items to match. The renewal took place on the second formal night, our two children were there along with my parents and in-laws. Great time and the look on my wife's face after 22 years together was worth every penny. She still is my best friend in the world. The whole family had a great time. Nice private time with the Captain and we were never rushed. Tell her now and you will be a hero.:)

Thanks for the info. I think I will say something to my friends dh about maybe being one of her gifts to open at Christmas about the renewal. I know she would be thrilled and excited. We go together and shop for our clothes so I know we would go for a new dress for her.:) :)

People we met on our roll call renewed their vows on the Diamond last year. It was very nicely done. A few of us attended, got to meet the captain and then took them over to the wheelhouse bar for a couple of drinks. They did it on the 2nd formal night.

Personally, if it were me, I would want to know. Part of the experience is the antcipation and preparation. Just MHO.

I just saw your post. Can't believe it has been almost a year since we Renewed our vows. I lost contact with you after we returned home. So you still have the photos of our Vow Renewal. Please e-mail me at mdrsmr@aol.com

Sue and Marvin

Archived