Early saver

P&O SUE

Hi all,

I was looking at an early saver price and it says "your preference is taken into account" (for dining) which is fair enough but when I did a dummy booking it just said "you will be notified onboard" - so which is it? I thought early savers could choose a preference - although I understand I would not be guaranteed it.

Thanks for any help

Hi all,

I was looking at an early saver price and it says "your preference is taken into account" (for dining) which is fair enough but when I did a dummy booking it just said "you will be notified onboard" - so which is it? I thought early savers could choose a preference - although I understand I would not be guaranteed it.

Thanks for any help

Not sure what you mean. You state your preference and you are told what you have when you arrive on board. Obviously this is allocated after the Select Fares are given their preference.

Hi all,

Thanks for any help

I have just done a dummy booking and you are correct.

You do not have the chance to say what you would prefer. I can only guess that if you don't like what you are given, you could see the md onboard, and when he play musical chairs, your wishes would be dealt with above the late saver fare payers...at a guess..

Edited by the english lady

Hi all,

Thanks for any help

Hi sue, I posted the same question earlier on today - it seems that we should get a choice but the website doesn't give you the option.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2251275

Edited by bee-ess

Thanks all, and thanks English Lady for going to the trouble of doing a dummy booking!

Bee-ess - sorry I've only just seen just seen your thread! It would seem I might have to book by phone then rather than online?

I may be wrong but I think with an early saver, you can express your dining preference through your cruise personaliser , but I know you can't do this with a saver fare.

I believe it makes it clear on the CP that your preference is not guaranteed and that you will only find out on boarding. It even says that if you have booked select.

As an aside, we booked a "select " fare in June 2014 for our cruise last month. Although we got our requested sitting we did not get our preferred table size. And no we didn't ask for a table for 2 but for one of 8 or 10!

The mystery dining allocation process remains a mystery!

Taken from the website

We may introduce an Early Saver price on selected cruises, these are designed for those who want great prices, without all the benefits of the Select Price.

- Early Saver bookings are made at the relevant grade and a cabin number is allocated by P&O Cruises prior to departure

- Dining preferences are not guaranteed (preferences collected prior to boarding and confirmed on boarding)

- Shuttle buses in ports are an additional cost

- Second priority for upgrades (where available)

These terms and conditions vary, where relevant, the applicable booking conditions, which are otherwise unchanged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may be wrong but I think with an early saver, you can express your dining preference through your cruise personaliser , but I know you can't do this with a saver fare.

I believe it makes it clear on the CP that your preference is not guaranteed and that you will only find out on boarding. It even says that if you have booked select

Yes you can choose on cruise personaliser

We couldn't chose on the cruise personaliser but we got an e-mail a few days or so after booking with a link to a site where we could click our choice. Don't know if it worked yet as not going till the end of October.

Hi

We booked an early saver for our recent cruise in October. After you book you get sent a link (it's also in your cruise personaliser) were you put your booking reference and you preference for time and table size. Really easy but let's see how much difference it makes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, don't they make a simple thing so complicated. The old Getaway was much simpler.

Except with those you got all the bells and whistles that people who may have paid double that you paid had.

They brought in Select/Early Saver/Saver fares to try and get round that.

Those that paid the most should get their choices.

However reading these forums when you start digging the water gets very very cloudy.

Except with those you got all the bells and whistles that people who may have paid double that you paid had.

They brought in Select/Early Saver/Saver fares to try and get round that.

Those that paid the most should get their choices.

However reading these forums when you start digging the water gets very very cloudy.

I accept that this is fairer - what I meant is why for Early Savers can they not take your preference at booking time rather than sending you a link later on or doing it from the CP.

As I said above we were sent a link we had to click into a few days after booking. I can't find anything on our cruise personaliser though. Whereabouts is it as I would like to check it all went through OK when I clicked the link?

I have an early saver booked for September, on the CP/ dining there is a link to register your dining choice, about a third of the way down below Early Saver Bookers above Your Dining Choice. You register your choice here.

• 2 weeks later...

So, we have booked a early saver on Britannia for May 2016. A couple of days ago I went through the link in the CP and made our dining choice (if available) and that seemed to work OK. It does not however confirm in the CP anywhere what we have chosen - is that right ? Also, should we do it for both of us or is 1 selection enough ?

I still say that it is a needlessly complicated process - why not just ask the question at booking time.

Edited by bee-ess

So, we have booked a early saver on Britannia for May 2016. A couple of days ago I went through the link in the CP and made our dining choice (if available) and that seemed to work OK. It does not however confirm in the CP anywhere what we have chosen - is that right ? Also, should we do it for both of us or is 1 selection enough ?

I still say that it is a needlessly complicated process - why not just ask the question at booking time.

Yes that's right ....don't worry I was exactly the same as you...I kept going into my cruise personaliser and choosing my dining preference every few weeks...you only need to do it once....we actually got what we asked for too but it doesn't tell you anywhere what you have chosen :-)