Hotels near IAH

dla55

Hotels near IAH....

We are flying in on a Sat to cruise Navigator of the Seas on Sunday. (I already have Galveston shuttle reserved to get us to port)There are many hotels with airport shuttle and breakfast. It's hard to tell if there are restaurants within walking distance for diner. Some reviews say they were not open. Anyone with recent experience, please give me your opinion.

Also looking for time you got off the ship using self debarkation. I have the shuttle scheduled for 9:30.

• 3 weeks later...
Hotels near IAH....

We are flying in on a Sat to cruise Navigator of the Seas on Sunday. (I already have Galveston shuttle reserved to get us to port)There are many hotels with airport shuttle and breakfast. It's hard to tell if there are restaurants within walking distance for diner. Some reviews say they were not open. Anyone with recent experience, please give me your opinion.

Also looking for time you got off the ship using self debarkation. I have the shuttle scheduled for 9:30.

The closest hotel to the airport is the Marriott, which is directly connect via underground "subway." It has a restaurant on the top floor with great views of the airport.

Other hotels are very nearby, but I would make my decision based on what amenities the hotels offer. There are not many restaurants in that area that are not in hotels (at least that I can think of) and most probably aren't an easy walk.

The closest hotel to the airport is the Marriott, which is directly connect via underground "subway." It has a restaurant on the top floor with great views of the airport.

Other hotels are very nearby, but I would make my decision based on what amenities the hotels offer. There are not many restaurants in that area that are not in hotels (at least that I can think of) and most probably aren't an easy walk.

I live very close to IAH and dctravel is correct, there are really any major restaurants on either of the two exits out of IAH: JFK Blvd. or Will Clayton Parkway. Therefore, your hotel restaurant is really your only choice. As dctravel also mentions, the Marriott Hotel is the only on-site hotel. I knew that a few months ago that this hotel was going to have a major renovation, but I do not know its current status.

Unfortunately for anyone flying into IAH the options are very limited. There are more hotels a few miles away at the junction of I45 and the Sam Houston Beltway, but I have no idea if any of them offer transportation options to Galveston.

If you need to stay near the airport for transportation reasons, I would select the best known hotel brand and hope that their restaurant is good. You could take a taxi from your hotel other restaurants in the area (near I45 & Beltway 8) and that would increase your dining options.

I live very close to IAH and dctravel is correct, there are really any major restaurants on either of the two exits out of IAH: JFK Blvd. or Will Clayton Parkway. Therefore, your hotel restaurant is really your only choice. As dctravel also mentions, the Marriott Hotel is the only on-site hotel. I knew that a few months ago that this hotel was going to have a major renovation, but I do not know its current status.

I live local, but a few years ago I had to stay at the Marriott when my company held a two day training seminar there (the other 150 attendees came from out of state). It was a pretty nice hotel back then, especially for it's age. If it's had renovations since then it's probably even nicer.

Hotels near IAH....

We are booked at the Marriott Towneplace Suites which is very near the airport, but I don't believe that it's AT the airport. I think that it has a bar, but not so sure about a restaurant. We're renting a car as we're arriving two days early...but might be hard to navigate to restaurants without..