Help!!!

JTbus

Leaving on the Breakway in the beginning of November and due to an error on my 10 year olds birth cirtificute may not be able secure a passport in time. 12 weeks to make a correction? Anyway, does she need a passport to board in New York and disembark from New York? Also, will she need one to get on and off ship on the Bahamas?????? Help please, 1st timer and hopefully not last, lol.

The issue is that there was an error on the birth cirtificute and that can take up to 12 weeks to correct. Even if it takes 11 I'll have time to get the passport. Just feel better knowing the raised seal bc will work for her. Thanks

If something were to happen where you had to leave the ship in Bermuda (medical emergency, family or work emergency back home where you need to fly home immediately, missed the boat, ship breaks down and cruise line has to fly you all home), then you would need the passport in order for your daughter to fly home. It is never wise for anyone adult or child to travel internationally without a passport. Too many crazy things can happen.

The issue is that there was an error on the birth cirtificute and that can take up to 12 weeks to correct. Even if it takes 11 I'll have time to get the passport. Just feel better knowing the raised seal bc will work for her. Thanks

Ah I see...I hope it comes through in time but from what others have said good to have that raised seal birth certificate as back up.

Good luck

Rochelle

I would call Customs and ask, my only concern is that you've mentioned an error on the birth certificate that needs to be fixed before getting a passport, if it is not an accurate valid birth certificate that matches the reservation someone may question it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Using a birth certificate is fine. Make sure you have enough time to get the corrected one back before the cruise. Otherwise change the b-day on your reservations to match the certificate otherwise you could have an issue. People may freak out about my statement, but women do it all the time if they can't get passports with their married name before a honeymoon trip - they book with their maiden name and use their birth certificate and drivers license to board.

You need a raised seal birth certificate do you still have one?or Passport.

No you don't!!!!!!!!!!

You need a BC that is issued by a governmental agency and is certified. MOST BC for people under the age of 30 do no have raised seals and you cannot get one with a raised seal.

Leaving on the Breakway in the beginning of November and due to an error on my 10 year olds birth cirtificute may not be able secure a passport in time. 12 weeks to make a correction? Anyway, does she need a passport to board in New York and disembark from New York? Also, will she need one to get on and off ship on the Bahamas?????? Help please, 1st timer and hopefully not last, lol.

You have more than enough time to get the error fixed, but if not a certified BC will be fine.