How did I get this OBC?

lesliejaykat

The final amount of the "Govt fees & Taxes" are calculated at/near sailaway and if less than you paid, you'll be credited. This is probably the source of your credit. Ken

Interesting! We've received a small amt. of OBC on our folio for the last several cruises, but we've never seen it listed in our cruise docs. Something new, maybe?

We had the same happen on our last cruise for 15.50 for both my room and my parents but my sister didn't have any obc. It was added the second day of the cruise which was weird but we didn't complain either lol just got another drink :D hope you enjoy your cruise!

My last 2 cruises, I've ended up with amounts in the $20pp range in addition to obc 5th at I've gotten for other reasons (promos, price drops)

My theory is that they calculate taxes and fees at 90ish percent occupancy and if the boat sells out then everyone* gets a little refund

My last 2 cruises, I've ended up with amounts in the $20pp range in addition to obc 5th at I've gotten for other reasons (promos, price drops)

My theory is that they calculate taxes and fees at 90ish percent occupancy and if the boat sells out then everyone* gets a little refund

This would make sense. I checked to see the price on a balcony room the other day and there weren't any available. Perhaps the cruise is sold out?