Royal Caribbean Complaint Department Auatralia

Good morning, I am trying to resolve an issue pertaining to a cruise I have booked for 5th Nov 2015. The problem is, I have now rang Royal Caribbean 6 times and it seems that the problem is to complex form them to resolve. Is there a complaints phone number for Australia, other than 1800754500??

This is the issue:

I have booked a cruise for 5 Jul, paid the deposit with a $200 future cruise certificate booked on my previous cruise.

I recently also applied future cruise certificates that was given to us after getting food poisoning on my previous cruise and was confined to our room.

This is where it went bad. I initially booked a cruise with buy one fare and get one 50% off. When they have applied the certificate for being confined to our room ($115), my cruise has now gone up in approximately $1000 because they did not re-apply the 50% off credit.

We have to pay for or cruise tomorrow or it will be cancelled. I don't want to pay until it is resolved, but don't want it cancelled either and lose the initial deposit. I have spoken to numerous people on the phone and am getting nowhere. The last person advised that I need to speak with the initial person I logged the call with and when I asked if I could elevate the issue, I was told I could not. I am surprised (although I shouldn't be) that we no longer have an Australian office we can speak with.

We have cruised with Royal Caribbean a number of times, but unfortunately due to the difficulty and time wasted trying to resolve their issue (a simple issue), I will definitely be shopping around in the future with different cruise lines.

If anyone has an Australian complaints number, please pass it on. I would really like to try and resolve this issue ASAP.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your problems, I cannot help with anything as I am not a regular Royal cruiser. Can you use two future cruise deposit's for the one cruise?

Just realised the number I found is the one you have!!

Good luck!!

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

We had a similar problem last year. And I believe it happens occasionally. It seems to happen with the 50% 2nd person discount and using the future cruise certificate - as was our problem.

Our booking was by phone, all info correct (checked pricing with website) but next day when we received our paperwork - no 50% discount.

Our advice is if you ring always ask for a supervisor and be very firm with them. I did have a Sydney number, will check tonight, but even after ringing it I was transferred to overseas to sort it out. It was sorted then reverted several times.

The supervisor's advice to us,eventually, was not to log into my cruises at all after she rectified the problem. We paid over the phone directly to RCI. They emailed documents after final payment but because we were told not to log in, we were unable to access Setsail pass and luggage tags. We had no problems at check in, luggage tags available there also.

Although I was prepared with stacks of paperwork and a few more grey hairs there wasn't a problem. Luckily we had a little more time before final payment was due than you - remember the U.S. is about a day behind us time wise - don't know if that would give you a little extra time or not.

We had a very similar issue. We had to keep ringing them on the number you have listed. You would have had an invoice showing the original price. Refer to that. Keep on ringing and like another post here has stated, ask for a supervisor. They kept telling us that the revenue section would get back to us. We just kept ringing. You have to explain that the credit should not have changed the price and they must fix it. We were also using a credit from another cruise issue, plus the future cruise certificate. You can use both on the one booking. It should not reprice the cruise like that.

Unfortunately we actually expected there might be an issue when putting the credit on, and we started weeks ago. We even made final payment a few weeks ago just in case there were more issues. It shouldn't be like that, but it seems to happen from time to time. Our issue also involved OBC from the FCC as well as a special running at the time. We got up to invoice 15 by the time it was finally paid off.

Edited by goodycruising