RCI Drinks Packages

If you like your booze straight, they'll be happy to accommodate you. Mixed, straight, neat, or on the rocks, the bartenders will make it any way you want.

Yes, you can get shots of any liquor on the shelf, with the possible exception of super premium stuff. I think it's anything up to $10 or $12 in cost, before gratuity. Only one at a time, no doubles.

As the other poster said, the top 2 packages include spirits and liquors.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

Hi would anyone be able to tell me whether spirits such as vodka are included in any of the drinks packages? They only seem to make reference to wine beers and cocktails. Thanks

We think Premium is the way to go. We have the Select Package on our cruise in Oct as it was part of the offer when booking the cruise but as soon as we get on board we will upgrade to Premium.

We think Premium is the way to go. We have the Select Package on our cruise in Oct as it was part of the offer when booking the cruise but as soon as we get on board we will upgrade to Premium.

The Premium and Ultimate drink packages offer the same alcohol. The difference is the Ultimate packages includes Specialty Coffees and Tea, Fresh Squeezed OJ and Sparking Water

We're just off the Explorer and had the Select package free of charge. We just upgraded one of them to the Premium. We both like wine and lager but my husband likes the occasional rum and I like the occasional vodka, so we just alternated.

So, you could upgrade one of the packages and not the other ?

RC supposedly changed their rules to allow this a while back, but there have been conflicting reports on whether this is allowed on all ships. Some users have said they have been denied the option to upgrade just one package.

We have the select package on or cruise next month and planned to upgrade both to Premium, but if they will accept just one upgrade, that’s better for us :)

We're just off the Explorer and had the Select package free of charge. We just upgraded one of them to the Premium. We both like wine and lager but my husband likes the occasional rum and I like the occasional vodka, so we just alternated.

Sharing of packages is not permitted. And even if you didn't do it at the same time, you were getting something you didn't pay for. I'm not typically one to comment in these situations, but I hate the thought of the package prices going up. I know they will naturally, but we don't need the help of passengers who help themselves to something they didn't pay for.

RCL changed their tune a little while ago about both people in the room having the same package.

You do NOT have to have the same package as the other person in your room. (It's posted on the FAQ page of the RCL website.)

Just an FYI - they are cracking down on the sharing of the packages. I've heard some horror stories. Just keep it in mind. :-) Happy cruising.

Hi to all.

There are packages for wine bottles ?

Thank's in advance.

It´s officially discontinued. You get 20% on a bottle when you do have one of the all inclusive packages.

But... you may ask onboard. Some ships still offer the wine bottle package.

steamboats

The Premium and Ultimate drink packages offer the same alcohol. The difference is the Ultimate packages includes Specialty Coffees and Tea, Fresh Squeezed OJ and Sparking Water

Exactly,thats why we chose not to upgrade to Ultimate,Tea,Coffee,Juice,water We are on holiday ha ha :)

Sharing of packages is not permitted. And even if you didn't do it at the same time, you were getting something you didn't pay for. I'm not typically one to comment in these situations, but I hate the thought of the package prices going up. I know they will naturally, but we don't need the help of passengers who help themselves to something they didn't pay for.

It's not sharing and we weren't getting something we hadn't paid for. We had a Select package and a Premium package. If my husband wanted a rum he had one and I would have to have lager or wine. If I wanted a vodka or cocktail he had to have a lager or wine. We only ever had one Premium drink at a time, which is what we'd paid for. We did see a few people who had only one drink package between two people. They'd get just one alcoholic drink and then get another a minute or to late from a different barperson for their partner. I think that's what you'd call sharing.

It's not sharing and we weren't getting something we hadn't paid for. We had a Select package and a Premium package. If my husband wanted a rum he had one and I would have to have lager or wine. If I wanted a vodka or cocktail he had to have a lager or wine. We only ever had one Premium drink at a time, which is what we'd paid for. We did see a few people who had only one drink package between two people. They'd get just one alcoholic drink and then get another a minute or to late from a different barperson for their partner. I think that's what you'd call sharing.

Not sure how they did that because normally if one adult in a cabin takes the package both of them have to.This is to stop fiddling.If a family of four are booking 2 separate cabins then on paper they can book one adult and one child into one cabin and the other adult and child into another then only one adult need take the package if they so wish to fiddle the system that way I suppose.

Not sure how they did that because normally if one adult in a cabin takes the package both of them have to....

Royal no longer requires all adults in a stateroom to purchase a package.

Yes, you WERE sharing and you WERE getting something you didn't pay for.

The packages are PER PERSON, not per cabin or drink.

You paid for ONE person to get beer/wine and for ONE person to get beer/wine/liquor.

You SHARED the beer/wine/liquor package between TWO people. That's stealing.

Your rationalization makes no sense at all. I was on a cruise with friends who had the Ultimate package while I only had the soda/pop package... if they got a soda/pop one round on my card and I got a cocktail that same round with their card, then that would be "sharing" the package... I didn't pay for booze, so I'm not entitled to get booze without paying for it.

Likewise, since only ONE of your cards had the booze package on it, only that person was allowed to get booze with the card.

Oh,I didn't know that as its been 3 years since we cruised with them. Cruising on Anthem in Oct. Wonder why they changed the rules then ?

I imagine that they were getting many complaints from cabin mates who did not drink.