Island Princess 2016 for 3 people

CKCruising

I was looking at cruises on the Island Princess for 2016 (I was trying to price something I'd already booked against the latest sale). If you choose 2 people everything is available. If you choose 3 people, there are no Interior/Ocean view rooms for any dates and a good number (close to half) of the dates are fully sold old for 3 people (2 NB and 6 SB).

It seemed a bit odd to me. Does this make sense? Could it be something to do with lifeboat capacity and the retrofits?

I was looking at cruises on the Island Princess for 2016 (I was trying to price something I'd already booked against the latest sale). If you choose 2 people everything is available. If you choose 3 people, there are no Interior/Ocean view rooms for any dates and a good number (close to half) of the dates are fully sold old for 3 people (2 NB and 6 SB).

It seemed a bit odd to me. Does this make sense? Could it be something to do with lifeboat capacity and the retrofits?

There are only so many spaces/cabins for 3rd and 4th passengers and the cruises are capacity controlled.

If you find one you better book it because you will find eventually they are all sold out.

Its easy to delete that third person or the cabin easier then trying to book a sold out cruise.

I booked a triple cabin on the Island Princess Dec 20, 2016 Panama cruise during the Sip and Sail promo. The next day friends tried to also book a triple and there were NO cabins available. That is amazing to me, but even now NO triple or quad available.

I booked a triple cabin on the Island Princess Dec 20, 2016 Panama cruise during the Sip and Sail promo. The next day friends tried to also book a triple and there were NO cabins available. That is amazing to me, but even now NO triple or quad available.

It happens quite often on Princess cruises. Our Coral PC cruise has been sold out for more then 1 year.

3rd and 4th berths have not been available for quite some time on our Med cruise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Don't forget that Travel Agencies have holds on a lot of cabins, especialy the multi guest ones.

I tried to book an interior or balcony for three people on a California Coastal on Crown Princess in November of NEXT YEAR and every single one was "sold"; I can't believe that many people plan that far ahead. I think, as you say, travel agents scoop those up.

Edited by f-mattox

There are only so many spaces/cabins for 3rd and 4th passengers and the cruises are capacity controlled.

If you find one you better book it because you will find eventually they are all sold out.

Its easy to delete that third person or the cabin easier then trying to book a sold out cruise.

It's definitely not a cabin issue as I know there are some suites with space for 3rd passengers (You can see what rooms are available for 2 passengers). A capacity issue with the lifeboats is for sure a possibility. I just found it odd and wondered if it was specific to the Island or happened all the time.

It's definitely not a cabin issue as I know there are some suites with space for 3rd passengers (You can see what rooms are available for 2 passengers). A capacity issue with the lifeboats is for sure a possibility. I just found it odd and wondered if it was specific to the Island or happened all the time.

But if you try to book a 3rd in one of those suites you may not be able to.

I will bring up an example. In May I there was a promo for the Emerald Aug 8th cruise (Med) Great price on OV's. I called Princess to lock 2 cabins in before giving to the TA. I was able to book 1 OV cabin on Emerald deck for Dw and myself. When I went to grab the second as a single for my son they could not book it due to too many passengers in that section. It was explained that it was sort of a fire code issue. So we never got it done.

There will always be cabins with berths that are unused due to the capacity control issue. And yes it does have to do with rescue craft.

This is not Island specific it happens on all Princess ships.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Just tried to add a third person yesterday, having already booked rooms in the ID category and S4 category. Not possible. The irony is that the third person price went from $1200 to $399 for the ID category. The young man that is hopeful about traveling with us was unable to pay the higher amount and we were quite excited when we saw the lower $399 price.

We shall keep looking and hoping that a cancellation happens in order to add him onto our booking.

Just tried to add a third person yesterday, having already booked rooms in the ID category and S4 category. Not possible. The irony is that the third person price went from $1200 to $399 for the ID category. The young man that is hopeful about traveling with us was unable to pay the higher amount and we were quite excited when we saw the lower $399 price.

We shall keep looking and hoping that a cancellation happens in order to add him onto our booking.

Are you trying to add him to your existing booked cabins or are you looking for a different cabin which has a 3rd berth in it?

I assume your existing cabins do not have a third berth in them.

on my june 3, 2015 Island princess cruise Cabin E516 can accomadate 3-4.

I had it as a solo travler . Cabin 516 is an obstructive ocean view .

Quite a few cabins on Emerald deck can acccomadate 3-4 persons

Are you trying to add him to your existing booked cabins or are you looking for a different cabin which has a 3rd berth in it?

I assume your existing cabins do not have a third berth in them.

As has been mentioned, the whole ship is "sold out" for triple and quad bookings.

Yes, I did attempt to add him into either of our two cabins booked, of which both have third person capacity, but there was no availability. As also mentioned, there seems to be quite a lot of double cabin space available, but the cost difference for a third person is quite a bit different than a regular 2 person cabin.

As has been mentioned, the whole ship is "sold out" for triple and quad bookings.

Yes, I did attempt to add him into either of our two cabins booked, of which both have third person capacity, but there was no availability. As also mentioned, there seems to be quite a lot of double cabin space available, but the cost difference for a third person is quite a bit different than a regular 2 person cabin.

You can place him on a wait list.