Formal night on Regal Princess

heeb

This is a tough question since the Regal Princess has yet to set to port in the US. We will be cruising on her on Oct 3rd out of Bklyn NY on a seven day to NE/Canada and was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to when the Formal night might be. It would help if you have been on the Royal Princess for a seven day and I believe the formal night might be the same.

This is a tough question since the Regal Princess has yet to set to port in the US. We will be cruising on her on Oct 3rd out of Bklyn NY on a seven day to NE/Canada and was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to when the Formal night might be. It would help if you have been on the Royal Princess for a seven day and I believe the formal night might be the same.

Formal nights can be different on the same itinerary.

However not first or last night (luggage issues).

Normally (not always) a sea night.

If not a sea night the earliest departure is next best bet.

OK, for a 7 day cruise there will be 2 formal nights. Formal nights are never scheduled for spillway night nor the last night.

I looked at the itinerary and I think the formal nights will be day 2, at sea (formal nights are often at sea) and the stop in Boston near the end of the cruise. I say this because the ship leaves at 4 pm that day and at 6 the others around that day.

4 pm allows people to get cleaned up and dressed for the formal night.

FWIW.

OK, for a 7 day cruise there will be 2 formal nights. Formal nights are never scheduled for spillway night nor the last night.

I looked at the itinerary and I think the formal nights will be day 2, at sea (formal nights are often at sea) and the stop in Boston near the end of the cruise. I say this because the ship leaves at 4 pm that day and at 6 the others around that day.

4 pm allows people to get cleaned up and dressed for the formal night.

FWIW.

I didn't look at the itinerary, but wouldn't argue with that assessment.

. . .

I'm not sure what spillway night is, but I completely agree with your assessment that it wouldn't be a formal night -- it sounds way too messy.

And you'll find out the next day when you look at the Patter. There will be day by day listing of smart casual or formal.

I didn't bother trying to find out for our last few cruises since they were holiday sailings, and the formal nights for those were different than for the sailing before and after. Didn't matter to me, either way.