Live from Indy . . .

Currently on the way to Cozumel. Will be headed back to FLL later this evening and Capt. expects to get there very early on Sunday. Self carry off guests were told to be ready to disembark at 6 a.m. We are B2B and staying on. We missed the eastern Caribbean leg this week, did the western route instead. Will redo the western trip again due to the hurricane. Will leave Port Everglades at 3p.m. Sunday to get away from the storm and head for Labadee. Later stops will be Caymans (where we were yesterday) and Cozumel, we are today. Not a problem, on a wonderful ship with a great crew!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks for the info! I'm also on Indy this Sunday & am awaiting the "official word".

Of course, I've spent 6 months researching the Eastern route & know NOTHING about the Western. Oh well, it'll be an adventure! :rolleyes:

Currently on the way to Cozumel. Will be headed back to FLL later this evening and Capt. expects to get there very early on Sunday. Self carry off guests were told to be ready to disembark at 6 a.m. We are B2B and staying on. We missed the eastern Caribbean leg this week, did the western route instead. Will redo the western trip again due to the hurricane. Will leave Port Everglades at 3p.m. Sunday to get away from the storm and head for Labadee. Later stops will be Caymans (where we were yesterday) and Cozumel, we are today. Not a problem, on a wonderful ship with a great crew!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Hope your 2nd week is a great week and the hurricane doesn't affect your cruise too much. Have a great time. See you for Xmas on the Jewel. We can be pretty sure no hurricanes then. :D

Thanks everyone for your good wishes!

Freedom has been with us since yesterday. She's docked next to us here in Cozumel. She'll be leaving before us, as she has further to travel to Port Canaveral. Our safety drill is scheduled for 2:15 on Sunday afternoon. Have a bridge tour at 9a.m. tomorrow, probably get more news.

Rick and Deirdra.

Edited by Pumbaamd

Port Everglades Harbormaster's Port schedule confirms what you have been told about arrival and departure times on Sunday. The Weather Channel is showing Erika on a more due West track currently. You might get an Eastern itinerary in after all.

The Weather Channel is showing Erika on a more due West track currently. You might get an Eastern itinerary in after all.

I've been wondering that since this morning when I saw that she'd taken a western turn, rkacruiser!! She's already LEFT the eastern ports we'll be visiting, so it doesn't make much sense to skip them! And even less sense since it's the SAME ROUTE along the north-eastern coast of Cuba to get to Labadee that we'd take to get to Puerto Rico!!

Hmmmm... less fuel and the RCI-created port at Labadee gets a financial boost. Very curious. ;) I believe the Captain would only have safety in mind, but I am not as confident about the corporate big wigs. :rolleyes:

Still praying they go with the original ports!!

They just updated the website again. Still no mention of a change in itinerary.

Tropical Weather Update

August 28, 2015

4:30 p.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Tropical Storm Erika to ensure guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern.

Freedom of the Seas

Guests sailing on Freedom of the Seas are asked to arrive to the ship between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. The ship will now depart at 3:30 p.m.

Independence of the Seas

Due to the current path of the storm, Independence of the Seas will now depart Port Everglades at 3:00 p.m. Check in and boarding will take place between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.

We encourage guests sailing on Enchantment of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas monitor this website for any additional updates.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section on your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin

Royal Caribbean will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will update this information again tomorrow, August 29, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.

Doesn't Indy alternate itineraries? This week was supposed to be Eastern and next week was already scheduled to be Western. However, this week was changed to a Western itinerary, so anybody doing a B2B will be doing two Westerns.

Yes? No?

Doesn't Indy alternate itineraries? This week was supposed to be Eastern and next week was already scheduled to be Western. However, this week was changed to a Western itinerary, so anybody doing a B2B will be doing two Westerns.

Yes? No?

YES, Sandy Sails. That is the situation the OP is in! She's on the Indy right now....and will be going back to 2 out of the 3 EXACT same ports next week if they don't stay with the original itinerary. I'd be pretty upset in that situation considering Erika has already passed the ports originally scheduled!!

Edited by Blondie70

I'm assuming this switch isn't set in stone right? can they not go back to Eastern if the forecast changes? or do they have to have a 'sailing plan' registered a couple days in advance? If a switch is possible, I'm guessing that's why it's not on the RC website.

I doubt they would change next week's itinerary from Western to Eastern just to please a few B2B cruisers, lol. 100% of the next week's passengers are excepting to be on a Western itinerary.

Still, really too bad for the OP and any other B2Bers. I'd be bummed too.

I doubt they would change next week's itinerary from Western to Eastern just to please a few B2B cruisers, lol. 100% of the next week's passengers are excepting to be on a Western itinerary.

Still, really too bad for the OP and any other B2Bers. I'd be bummed too.

It's the other way around. It's supposed to be Eastern next week but supposedly it is changing to Western.

Yes? No?

No, this week was Western as scheduled. Next week is scheduled for Eastern.