Which cruise would you choose?

I was looking for a spring break cruise today and narrowed it down to 3. We will be on a tight budget for this one, which leaves RCI out this time. It's down to the NCL Spirit, which would be going to my favorite port, Tortola. Carnival Breeze, which is going to all ports we've been to, although we like them. We would be choosing based on ship. The other is the Carnival Sunshine, which has 2 good ports...Aruba, Curaçao and Grand Turk which is okay. The two Carnival cruises are 8 days, inside for apx $1750. The Spirit is 7 days and would be $2500, but is a balcony and includes the alcohol package. Which would you pick and why?

Between the 2 Carnival ships, I would choose Breeze. Breeze is my favorite ship of the fleet, and I have no desire to sail on Sunshine. Although Sunshines serenity deck is appealing.

I would love to try the Breeze, but the ports aren't exciting. We have been to all of them before. We liked them, but been there done that. It would most certainly be cruising for the ship.

Going with kids? Breeze and Sunshine would be better with them. I'd lean towards Breeze.

Just adults? NCL to Tortola!

No kids are coming with us this time. Even if they were, our "baby" is 18. I LOVE Tortola! I'm hesitant because I haven't heard very many positives about the Sunshine, although we would love to return to Aruba (our favorite land vacation!) and have never been to Curaçao. We have only sailed inside once. I hated it but my husband didn't mind it at all.

I was looking for a spring break cruise today and narrowed it down to 3. We will be on a tight budget for this one, which leaves RCI out this time. It's down to the NCL Spirit, which would be going to my favorite port, Tortola. Carnival Breeze, which is going to all ports we've been to, although we like them. We would be choosing based on ship. The other is the Carnival Sunshine, which has 2 good ports...Aruba, Curaçao and Grand Turk which is okay. The two Carnival cruises are 8 days, inside for apx $1750. The Spirit is 7 days and would be $2500, but is a balcony and includes the alcohol package. Which would you pick and why?

If you are a drinking couple, the NCL is the bargain plus it is a balcony......where you can sip those libations without paying for an $800 cheers package

I'd do the sunshine , I like to go to new places that always wins for me

Agreed. We have decided we would choose the Sunshine cruise over the Breeze due to the ports. Nothing against the Breeze ports, we've just been to all of them. So now it's down to Sunshine or the NCL cruise.

I haven't been on any of those ships (will be soon on Sunshine in October) but I would go with your favourite port, go for the cruise that you will most enjoy, we tend to pick cruises based on the ports we enjoy almost always going to St Thomas (as my family and I all love that port) with the exemption of the next three cruises we have lined up we are going to newer ports never been to before .. I would choose the cruise where you will be going to one of your favourite ports, additionally for the NCL Spirit you are getting the alcohol package and a balcony room ... Sounds like win win to me :)

Whichever cruise you choose have fun!

I would do the Sunshine. The Sunshine is currently my favorite ship because of the many restaurant choices, the Serenity, and the activities on board. Most of the restaurants are complementary for lunch, and it has four (or is it five?) upgrade restaurant choices for dinner. It's been a couple of years since we were on Sunshine, but really can't think of too many bad things about her. Also, while I wasn't the most impressed with Grand Turk (although we're doing that port two years in a row), Aruba and Curacao are amazing ports and I would definitely do those ports again (and Dominican Republic as well, but it doesn't sound like your ship is going to that port).

I would choose the breeze. I wasn't crazy about carnival sunshine. Sunshine had a weird layout. How much would a balcony run on the breeze? Because it's hard to compare apples to oranges but I wouldn't pay a lot more for an alcohol package.

Spirit...with a $750 difference, it includes your alcohol (that in itself puts you ahead if you planned to purchase cheers program if you both drink) and a balcony, I will pretty much always choose a balcony every time especially over an inside. For us, $1750 is way too much to pay for an inside.

Edited by Drazil65

I would do the Sunshine. The Sunshine is currently my favorite ship because of the many restaurant choices, the Serenity, and the activities on board. Most of the restaurants are complementary for lunch, and it has four (or is it five?) upgrade restaurant choices for dinner. It's been a couple of years since we were on Sunshine, but really can't think of too many bad things about her. Also, while I wasn't the most impressed with Grand Turk (although we're doing that port two years in a row), Aruba and Curacao are amazing ports and I would definitely do those ports again (and Dominican Republic as well, but it doesn't sound like your ship is going to that port).

No, it's not going to DR the date we need to go. If it were, that would be a plus. Grand Turk isn't a negative, but we've been there 2 or 3 times already. I would prefer something new.

I would choose the breeze. I wasn't crazy about carnival sunshine. Sunshine had a weird layout. How much would a balcony run on the breeze? Because it's hard to compare apples to oranges but I wouldn't pay a lot more for an alcohol package.

A cove balcony on the Breeze would be $2385. If I'm paying that I'm going with NCL and getting the drink package for apx $100 more. A balcony on the Sunshine would be $2867.

Spirit...with a $750 difference, it includes your alcohol (that in itself puts you ahead if you planned to purchase cheers program if you both drink) and a balcony, I will pretty much always choose a balcony every time especially over an inside. For us, $1750 is way too much to pay for an inside.

We've never bought the Cheers package, doubt we ever would. We aren't big drinkers, although we do enjoy a good wine with dinner. The only time we have purchased a beverage package was on the Oasis because we had heard about their wonderful wine selection. If we go with NCL we would drink more than normal since it would be included. Otherwise, we mostly drink water and Diet Coke.

With what you do drink and the balcony included, $750 still worth the upgrade, add the average amount you would drink plus a balcony upgrade on the other 2 ships (plus a port you love already) and I will bet it will add up to way more than the $750, seems like no brainer but we love our balcony cabins and cannot see paying that much for inside cabins.

I found an interior with a picture window, walkway view on the Sunshine. At least I wouldn't feel like I was in a closet. I put a courtesy hold on it while we decide because they only had a couple of those rooms left. It says it's modified so we could get bumped. Does that mean they could bump us to an inside with no window?