Carnival upgrade fairy phone #?

tea4ular

I got a call on my cell but no message left. I called back but it just rang and rang.

The # was from Florida (I know no one in Florida) and started with area code 407-203-xxxx.

Could this have been my upgrade call?

No such thing as an upgrade with Carnival. They're calling to ask if you would like to pay more money to take a suite for a little less then what you would have originally paid for it in the first place. Say you paid $724pp for a balcony room and a suite was $1987pp, they may offer you $1700pp. to take a suite. My example discount may be to generous. Now a lateral move for the same price, or only $200 more pp, etc. now those would be an upgrade. The fairy is fiction.

Edited by clhayes

I got an upgrade call last week for my 7 day Pride cruise in October. I had a standard balcony and was upgraded to an ocean suite for 210 pp. That was half the price of what it would have cost me if I had originally booked the room. The call came from 305, Miami. I was very excited to get the call and it was worth the price for the suite to me.

Edited by MysticMiss

Carnival agents are based in Miami, which is not a 407 area code. It's possible, but not likely. I have received an upgrade call in the past, from my PVP, but again, he's in Miami.

407 is the Orlando area. If you want to check out the number, do an internet search of that number. Most of the time it's a scammer.

I got a call on my cell but no message left. I called back but it just rang and rang.

The # was from Florida (I know no one in Florida) and started with area code 407-203-xxxx.

Could this have been my upgrade call?

We got an upsell call last week and the caller ID said Carnival Cruise Line. We were offered to move from OV to balcony for $648 for a 21-day b2b. Glad we turned it down because the next day with the 36 hour sale we could move for about $400.

407 is the Orlando area. If you want to check out the number, do an internet search of that number. Most of the time it's a scammer.

Yep, 407 is Orlando. Most likely someone scamming, or else selling water treatment, or alarm systems. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

No such thing as an upgrade with Carnival. They're calling to ask if you would like to pay more money to take a suite for a little less then what you would have originally paid for it in the first place. Say you paid $724pp for a balcony room and a suite was $1987pp, they may offer you $1700pp. to take a suite. My example discount may be to generous. Now a lateral move for the same price, or only $200 more pp, etc. now those would be an upgrade. The fairy is fiction.

Not so, rare but it CAN happen. On our last cruise we were upgraded NOT upsold, from an interior on deck 2 to a balcony deck 8. No extra charges. We have also been upsold, this is the only time we had an upgrade.

Edited by N2Mischief

Not so, rare but it CAN happen. On our last cruise we were upgraded NOT upsold, from an interior on deck 2 to a balcony deck 8. No extra charges. We have also been upsold, this is the only time we had an upgrade.

That's excellent. Genuinely Congrats! Extremely rare IMO. I guess I should say that in my 15 years with Carnival I have received 30 plus calls over the years. Nothing they had to offer was a real deal to me. It was always an upswell as I like to all it, but certainty not advantages enough for me to spend more money to obtain a deal. Always discounted, just not enough of a drop for me to say, 'hell ya here's my credit card - again.' Maybe someday I'll get that call, but for now I'm cool with what I've booked.

The number is the Miami area code, 305, and ends in 2600. Sorry, I don't remember the rest of it. I got my call three days before sailing in May, and have been anxiously watching my phone, hoping for that number to pop up again in the next five days :)

Hey I've never got the "upgrade" or "upsell" call ... but I assume to take advantage of the upsell I would need to provide my credit card number during that call????? I'd be leery of doing that over the phone? Or do they just add the upcharge to my S&S account once I'm there? How does that work???

Jeff AKA Recovery Dude

Hey I've never got the "upgrade" or "upsell" call ... but I assume to take advantage of the upsell I would need to provide my credit card number during that call????? I'd be leery of doing that over the phone? Or do they just add the upcharge to my S&S account once I'm there? How does that work???

Jeff AKA Recovery Dude

I was simply asked if I wanted to put it on the visa xxxx or mastercard xxxx. Never had to give the number, they have it on record.

It was a great call, very happy with my upgrade!

• 1 month later...

I dont know if thats completely true. I got a call from the "upgrade fairy" to move from a balcony to an oecan suite it was $845 pp for the balcony anf the upgrade was 500 more total the oecan suites where booking for 1500 pp. That was a really good deal but more then i was willing to pay.

Untrue. There is such a thing as an "upgrade" or "upsell" (whatever words you want to use) for a bargain price. For example, I have been contacted in the past to go from an 8K to an OS for what equated to almost 1/3 the published fare difference.

To quantity, it was $250 total to "upgrade" when the published delta was $690.

Others have proffered similar "upgrade" stories so to say there is "no such thing" or "the fairy is fictitious" just means you haven't experienced a cushy offer.