Luggage Valet program

kabado

6 of us just returned from the Jewel of the Seas. We used the luggage valet program for $20 wherein you put your luggage out the last night and it next appears at your final destination. Not. Ours was taken off at the airport where we changed planes and we didn't get it for hours. The form you fill out ONLY asks for your first flight number and city and ONLY your final destination with no place for the flight number. We suspected it might get lost when our luggage tags only had the first destination on them, but since the tags were from a computer, we thought all the info would be online. Not. DO check your tags and question if they don't seem correct. Now, if only we would get our $120 back...

6 of us just returned from the Jewel of the Seas. We used the luggage valet program for $20 wherein you put your luggage out the last night and it next appears at your final destination. Not. Ours was taken off at the airport where we changed planes and we didn't get it for hours. The form you fill out ONLY asks for your first flight number and city and ONLY your final destination with no place for the flight number. We suspected it might get lost when our luggage tags only had the first destination on them, but since the tags were from a computer, we thought all the info would be online. Not. DO check your tags and question if they don't seem correct. Now, if only we would get our $120 back...

Our experience has been that when filling out the form they ask for your Record Locator Number (aka Airline Confirmation Number) along with Final Destination City and your Flight number. They also ask you if you are part of any airline program or have a special airline credit card.

Your Record Locator Number is what RCI uses to check you in with the airlines. This will also indicate if you have a connecting flight and if you do, it will be printed that way on the tags that you receive in your cabin and that you will apply to your luggage. Those tags will be changed to airline tags once they reach the airline you are flying on.

Did you not have to supply your Record Locator Number?

We use Luggage Valet whenever we can and have never had a problem and we always have connecting flights.

Edited by cruisenfever

We were able to use luggage valet for our flight home after our recent cruise on Oasis of the Seas. It was well worth the $40 charged for our two suitcases and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Made the whole disembarkation process and checking in at the airport (FLL) so much easier. Of course we had a direct flight so there was no connecting flight involved in case that makes a difference. Wish it was available for our flight home from Tampa in November but it isn't offered and even if it were, our flight is too early to qualify.:)

Never had a problem and have used extensively. Sounds like a glitch with your airline, which often can happen with connections, not particularly the luggage valet program.

As an example checked two bags with luggage valet program last year. Only one made it to final carousel. Airline knew exactly where the bag was. It wasn't lost, just delayed having missed the connection. Airline delivered to my home address.

We were able to use luggage valet for our flight home after our recent cruise on Oasis of the Seas. It was well worth the $40 charged for our two suitcases and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Made the whole disembarkation process and checking in at the airport (FLL) so much easier. Of course we had a direct flight so there was no connecting flight involved in case that makes a difference. Wish it was available for our flight home from Tampa in November but it isn't offered and even if it were, our flight is too early to qualify.:)

Bill, LV is complimentary to PC Members.

I would like to take advantage of the LV service for our Oct. 4th FOTS cruise but have been told that we are not eligible for this service because our flights are at 12 noon out of MCO. Has anyone here been able to take advantage of this valet service with flights that are close to the 12:30pm cut-off time? If so, how did you manage to obtain this service from RCCL before disembarkation? Thanks.

5 of us flew on Southwest all the way. One on Delta. We all got our boarding passes correct. We wrote down the record locator on the paperwork. Since it was two airlines, I blame RCCL. And nobody switched airlines.

I would like to take advantage of the LV service for our Oct. 4th FOTS cruise but have been told that we are not eligible for this service because our flights are at 12 noon out of MCO. Has anyone here been able to take advantage of this valet service with flights that are close to the 12:30pm cut-off time? If so, how did you manage to obtain this service from RCCL before disembarkation? Thanks.

You will have to check once on board. The distance between Port Canaveral and MCO is approximately 45 minutes so that's the reason for a later flight departure time. If I remember correctly I think flights have to be after 1PM. If this is not correct, somebody please correct me.

5 of us flew on Southwest all the way. One on Delta. We all got our boarding passes correct. We wrote down the record locator on the paperwork. Since it was two airlines, I blame RCCL. And nobody switched airlines.

I would suggest that you call Post Cruise Guest Relations at 1-800-256-6649 and explain what happened. If someone in Guest Services made the mistake, you would want to make them aware of this so that it doesn't happen to somebody else.

Have your SeaPass Card handy when you call as they will ask for your Folio Number. Good Luck,

Just arrived home Saturday from Oasis. Luggage Valet is terrific ! I also didn't realize that they deliver your boarding pass to your suite with the luggage tags. It is also free being in a suite. We walked right out to the security inspection and our gate. Didn't touch our bags again until the Cincinnati Airport. Wonderful. One thing also we did last winter was get our TSA Pre-Chek KTN. You can leave your shoes, belt on and the laptop in the bag while going thru an expedited line. Gerry. :)

Edited by buckeye rob

I called post cruise guest relations and they referred me to the baggage handler company who in turn pointed the finger back to RCCL. We did get our money refunded after many minutes on hold. However, nobody seemed willing to look into the problem of the form being incorrect and/or why the bags were removed at the first stop. I'm willing to bet this is going to happen a lot. Just make sure your bags are tagged to your final destination as well as your connection.

I called post cruise guest relations and they referred me to the baggage handler company who in turn pointed the finger back to RCCL. We did get our money refunded after many minutes on hold. However, nobody seemed willing to look into the problem of the form being incorrect and/or why the bags were removed at the first stop. I'm willing to bet this is going to happen a lot. Just make sure your bags are tagged to your final destination as well as your connection.

I'm really sorry that you didn't have a better outcome and since Jewel is going to repo back to San Juan shortly, it would be of no benefit to email anyone on the ship as LV is not available in San Juan. This was Jewel's first time in Alaska, so I wonder how many others ran into the same problem that used the LV service.

You paid for a service and it was not delivered as promised. It now boils down to the principal of the matter and the inconvenience because of the lack of information that you had to give when you were on board.

If you would like to do one more email I would send it to

Aurora "Laly" Yera-Rodriguez

Director, Guest Relations & Shared Services

Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, & Royal Caribbean International

954-628-9313 (ext. 19313)

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Edited by cruisenfever