Detailed daily cruise schedule, formal nights etc.?

Southendweather

The problem (as I was told by a Cruise Director) is that the website is controlled by the Southampton office and what actually happens is controlled by the ship staff and never the twain shall meet. I don;t know why P&O cannot publish something and stick to it but that seems to be way of things.

I think this applies to many things P&O - once you're off the ship it's very difficult if you subsequently need to correspond with the shore-side operations. They really don't communicate with each other or customers very effectively at times.

I found the "full" cruise planners with the daily dress codes last year, from a link somewhere on this board....however it was taken down from the main P&O website not long after.

It was useful to plan out my evening wardrobe in advace. I made an excel sheet with daily docking times and location, tour schedules, weather info and dress codes etc....I even hung my clothes in the wardrobe in 'date order', sad I know but it meant I spent zero time on board thinking about anything else other than enjoying my cruise.

In the end some of the formal nights were swapped. I imagine P&O stopped publishing the full planner in case / because of complaints if it wasnt stuck to.

I found the "full" cruise planners with the daily dress codes last year, from a link somewhere on this board....however it was taken down from the main P&O website not long after.

It was useful to plan out my evening wardrobe in advace. I made an excel sheet with daily docking times and location, tour schedules, weather info and dress codes etc....I even hung my clothes in the wardrobe in 'date order', sad I know but it meant I spent zero time on board thinking about anything else other than enjoying my cruise.

In the end some of the formal nights were swapped. I imagine P&O stopped publishing the full planner in case / because of complaints if it wasnt stuck to.

I think the last sentence sums it up perfectly.

If P and O list a full dress code for each cruise on the CP, and then it is actually changed on the cruise, people would come on here moaning about they took this outfit as it said on the CP we were having this theme and we didn't.

Sort of the same reason they do not list exact times in port, so people cannot complain and say, you said we would arrive at 8am and we didn't until 9pm

One of our recent cruises we were an hour late docking, due entirely to the wind pushing us away from the dock ,when we wanted to go towards it.

I've brought new dresses in the past only to find a formal completely cancelled. For some reason on shorter cruises the formal is often on an odd night - we have had two on the final day and one on the first night, but we managed.

Jeanlyon - you have it exactly, just pack the clothes, seems to be lots of waffle on this subject, you only know specific nights once the cruise starts, surely anyone who has cruised before knows this.

Jeanlyon - you have it exactly, just pack the clothes, seems to be lots of waffle on this subject, you only know specific nights once the cruise starts, surely anyone who has cruised before knows this.

I am not sure that I agree - for example in the Caribbean Season the 2 ships out there do the same ports every 2 weeks on the same days of the week and the formals will be the same nights. Why can they just not tell the cusomer accurately when that is, how hard can it be.

The last time we did Carribean in 2014 we were told that it was 4 formal and 2 Jacket required only to find that it was 3 formal and 1 jacket only. We had paid for an extra case to take the extra clothes and had this refunded by P&O in the form of OBC after a complaint. We travel on other cruise lines as well where this type of information is accurate.

Edited by bee-ess