LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

Day 6 Recap

For dinner we went to the MDR where I had exactly one lobster tail. The tail was simply perfect if you think simply perfect means zero taste and you enjoy trying to cut through a thick rubber band.

The waiter asked if I would like a second one. I politely declined and said that I would actually prefer to go back to my room and try to cut through the elastic band on the zipper pull that we won at trivia.

Sorry to hear that about the lobster tail, and I'm hoping that it's better for our Halloween cruise. It seems like it's hit or miss with RC's lobster. My GF is from Maine and is picky about her lobster, so I'd better brace her for some disappointment. Guess I'll take her out for some nice Maine lobster after the cruise.

Do you know if Royal was offering any specials on drink packages for the last 2 days???? I thought other posts have stated the Premium Drink Package was on sale for $99.

Just curious, do you mean $99 for a two-day package? I had read in some posts and on the RC site that the drink packages were only available if there were four days or more left in the cruise, so this would be new. It's normally $57 per day, including service charge/gratuities, whcih is actually a reduction from the recent price of $49 + 18%, or $57.82 per day...

Day 6 Recap

You already read about the emotional highs and lows we endured at trivia. The rest of the day was a very relaxing and lazy one (as evidenced by my low Fitbit steps total for the day). We spent some time at the beach pool and later the solarium.

For dinner we went to the MDR where I had exactly one lobster tail. The tail was simply perfect if you think simply perfect means zero taste and you enjoy trying to cut through a thick rubber band.

The waiter asked if I would like a second one. I politely declined and said that I would actually prefer to go back to my room and try to cut through the elastic band on the zipper pull that we won at trivia.

802934F8-5673-4798-BC7A-DE0CED0A0815_zpswpiuomyi.jpg

Day 6 Fitbit steps: 7,307

The war on roast beef standings: Me 8, RB 0

Ughh! And there's peas on that plate. BARF!

Sorry to hear that about the lobster tail, and I'm hoping that it's better for our Halloween cruise. It seems like it's hit or miss with RC's lobster. My GF is from Maine and is picky about her lobster, so I'd better brace her for some disappointment. Guess I'll take her out for some nice Maine lobster after the cruise.

If your GF is from Maine then treat her to a nice Filet at Chops or Giovanni's on Lobster night.

Do you know if Royal was offering any specials on drink packages for the last 2 days???? I thought other posts have stated the Premium Drink Package was on sale for $99.

Just curious, do you mean $99 for a two-day package? I had read in some posts and on the RC site that the drink packages were only available if there were four days or more left in the cruise, so this would be new. It's normally $57 per day, including service charge/gratuities, whcih is actually a reduction from the recent price of $49 + 18%, or $57.82 per day...

I did not hear of or see any different specials on drink packages.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Day 7 Recap

This is one of the worst sights ever......

6D84FD2C-AB7C-42FD-8581-016A10D4B4DC_zpsljuap2co.jpg

The final day was another lazy day. We sweated bullets in the solarium, I free based my final roast beef sandwich of the week and we concluded the trip with a nice dinner at Solarium Bistro. We both had the bison as an entree. We enjoyed that and our appetizers - Yellowtail Tuna Sashimi, Caribbean Pumpkin-Coconut Pot with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds, Warm Poached Egg on Assorted Greens. I can't believe I had never been there before for dinner.

After dinner we angrily threw our luggage out into the hallway and then made our way over to the Battle of the Sexes game show before calling it a night and preparing for the reality that was about to hit us.

A090D99D-DECC-4D08-9359-1C3F79920646_zpsvtcceifs.jpg

Day 7 Fitbit Steps: 10,378

The War on Roast Beef Final Standings: Me 9, RB 0 (the outcome was never in doubt, only the margin of victory was in question)

Coming up: Parting Thoughts

Edited by Yorkvillain

Wonderful Review. I was certainly entertained all week! So sad to see it end!!

Thank you for doing this. It was Awesome following along with you all this week. And please tell the person who was cruising with you thanks for sharing you this week with all of us.

Coming up the Pool Deck, Puss n Boots in the Solarium, Central Park and the Boardwalk screen shots with the Hearts that every one was giving out for such wonderful scoping!!!

Wonderful Review. I was certainly entertained all week! So sad to see it end!!

Thank you for doing this. It was Awesome following along with you all this week. And please tell the person who was cruising with you thanks for sharing you this week with all of us.

Coming up the Pool Deck' date=' Puss n Boots in the Solarium, Central Park and the Boardwalk screen shots with the Hearts that every one was giving out for such wonderful scoping!!![/quote']

Thanks Ms. Lillie. And thanks for the screen grabs.

I watched Oasis sail into Port Everglades this morning with a tear in my eye. Phenomenal review! Please find time to cruise more often. Think of it as a public service.

Ha, Thanks! And I would love to cruise more often if I could. This darn work thing keeps interfering with my vacation plans.

Oasis Sept 2015_Frm YorkVillan's Periscopes_Puss n Boots in Solarium

20712570004_a591a06106.jpg

21343508671_09e49460ba.jpg

The cruisers tried to get Puss n Boots to get in the pool...

21324570172_8c840fab76.jpg

Private Suite area

21148391859_cbc93c9c79.jpg

By the way as for the question yesterday about notification...Each person on the scope gets to decide if they want to get notified when someone is broadcasting. This is the screen where you make that decision. When you follow a broadcaster you can click the bell next to the follow button and choose to get notified when they scope or not...you can change this whenever you want to...

You can also make the decision not to get notifications from the App at all in the settings screen of your device...

21343509391_0c94330be3.jpg

21148395199_6bd6336daa.jpg