LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

Thanks! I think people periscoping on cruises will be the new normal so we should have a lot to look forward to.

I hope it will be the new normal. I thoroughly enjoyed broadcasting and experiencing the live sharing from the Oasis, and I'm still enjoying the broadcasts, like yours, by others. It's like re-living the experience with different lenses every week.:D

I'll be sailing NCL's Getaway in November. I've been asking around about the internet service on the Getaway and it seems that RCI Oasis class are currently the only ships with fast enough speed to support live broadcasting.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but based the the information I received from techies among us, it's not too promising that I'll be able to broadcast live from the Getaway. I guess it will be another year or two before all of the ships have high speed internet.:(

Edited by ginazgifs
edited to add endquote

I hope it will be the new normal. I thoroughly enjoyed broadcasting and experiencing the live sharing from the Oasis, and I'm still enjoying the broadcasts, like yours, by others. It's like re-living the experience with different lenses every week.:D

I'll be sailing NCL's Getaway in November. I've been asking around about the internet service on the Getaway and it seems that RCI Oasis class are currently the only ships with fast enough speed to support live broadcasting.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but based the the information I received from techies among us, it's not too promising that I'll be able to broadcast live from the Getaway. I guess it will be another year or two before all of the ships have high speed internet.:(

The Quantum class has the great wifi as well.

I used the DocScan app on my ipad. It worked really well. First you open the app, take a picture of the Cruise Compass, re-size it, fix the edges, fix the lighting and then save. Then I saved it to my photos on my ipad and then uploaded it to photobucket.

It sounds like a lot but it really only took me a few minutes each morning.

Was it the free app or the $5 one?

:D remember the periscope about a week or two before yours when they had a doody in the pool and had to drain it? Nope it was NOT a Baby Ruth. :eek:

I have now heard everything. That is gross enough to make me stay out of all the pools on my next cruise. Who in their right mind thinks that's okay?????? :confused:

I have now heard everything. That is gross enough to make me stay out of all the pools on my next cruise. Who in their right mind thinks that's okay?????? :confused:

Lol. I don't think anyone thinks that's okay.

I get a little grossed out a bit anytime I enter a public pool.

Lol. I don't think anyone thinks that's okay.

I get a little grossed out a bit anytime I enter a public pool.

True -- me too. Thinking back, on my last cruise in Nov 2015, I got in the pool once for a very brief period of time the entire week. Frankly, the hot tubs freak me out even more.

:D remember the periscope about a week or two before yours when they had a doody in the pool and had to drain it? Nope it was NOT a Baby Ruth. :eek:

I try my darndest to avoid the elevators as much as I possibly can!

Oh man!!! Now I'm all skeeved!! lol. Was it on the Oasis or another ship??

I can't really get into Periscope - too many social networks to manage. I'll probably post most of my photos on my instagram. @Ladolchele if anyone wants to follow.

Oh man!!! Now I'm all skeeved!! lol. Was it on the Oasis or another ship??

I could be wrong but I believe someone was periscoping from the Suite Lounge on the Oasis and looking down at the sports pool when the "incident" happened.

They do clean and sanitize the pools thoroughly when something like this happens. A few years ago on the Explorer, someone got sick in the Solarium pool. They closed the pool off, drained it, scrubbed the entire pool, rinsed it several times and then filled it up again with clean water.

I used the DocScan app on my ipad. It worked really well. First you open the app, take a picture of the Cruise Compass, re-size it, fix the edges, fix the lighting and then save. Then I saved it to my photos on my ipad and then uploaded it to photobucket.

It sounds like a lot but it really only took me a few minutes each morning.

Hi Yorkvillain: This is a great idea. so much easier to just scan them in every day with this app.

I've scanned some in and saved them but I don't see an option to upload to iPad. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Hi Yorkvillain: This is a great idea. so much easier to just scan them in every day with this app.

I've scanned some in and saved them but I don't see an option to upload to iPad. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Never mind. I figured out which Icon it was. As my Mom would say if it were a snake it would have bit me. :D

Never mind. I figured out which Icon it was. As my Mom would say if it were a snake it would have bit me. :D

Ha. Glad you figured it out.

At first I thought it was going to be a pain in the neck but then after doing it a couple of times it became really easy.

Edited by Yorkvillain

On your iPad did you use Tapatalk or the Cruise Critic app? Trying to figure this all out before my November cruise on Oasis. Thanks and really enjoyed your cruise review and pictures and Periscope videos.

Thanks!

I actually just used Safari to post on cruise critic. I've tried using Tapatalk but I don't find it very user friendly to do a live thread. I might have been doing it wrong though.

Thanks.

Ha. Glad you figured it out.

At first I thought it was going to be a pain in the neck but then after doing it a couple of times it became really easy.

Yes, it is quite simple. I look forward to using your technique the next time I do a Live review. It's really is much easier than waiting until I get home and scanning them in.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Absolutely fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

By any chance, did you take a picture of the room service menu for lunch and dinner or have a copy somewhere? : )

Many thanks!

Carla

Thanks!

Sorry no lunch or dinner menu, just the breakfast one.