LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

If NYVillian says it's ok I will post some Screenshots from his "the Wake & Flowrider" Scope.

They aren't the best pics but you can get the a pretty good idea from them of what is on the Broadcast.

I left the hearts and chats too...people tap the screen if they like what they see to give you some hearts...you can give hearts live or during replay...

[quote=ILuvCruisin';47681284]Oh really? What were they freaked out about?[/quote]

Oh, goodness, be thankful you missed it! Threatening to throw people's cameras overboard if they saw them filming, don't you dare film me, etc. It's like they didn't know people take pictures on vacation and sometimes other people get into our pictures. (Horror of horrors) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your room service menu has inspired me. One day , I'm going to start my day on my balcony with a Bellini, a Mimosa and a Bloody Mary. That will probably end my day, as well. :D:D

[QUOTE=ILuvCruisin';47681617]If NYVillian says it's ok I will post some Screenshots from his "the Wake & Flowrider" Scope.

They aren't the best pics but you can get the a pretty good idea from them of what is on the Broadcast.

I left the hearts and chats too...people tap the screen if they like what they see to give you some hearts...you can give hearts live or during replay...[/QUOTE]

Sure, no problem at all.

[quote name='maureencruiser']Oh, goodness, be thankful you missed it! Threatening to throw people's cameras overboard if they saw them filming, don't you dare film me, etc. It's like they didn't know people take pictures on vacation and sometimes other people get into our pictures. (Horror of horrors) :rolleyes::rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

Thanks for explaining it Maureen. Yes it was ugly, but not surprising on Cruise Critic.

[quote name='maureencruiser'] Your room service menu has inspired me. One day , I'm going to start my day on my balcony with a Bellini, a Mimosa and a Bloody Mary. That will probably end my day, as well. :D:D[/QUOTE]

Haha. But how will you fill the middle portion of the day?

Well played Simeon. Well played.

Ok, for everyone else: Simeon was the MC at the comedy club tonight. Right before he introduced the final comedian of the night, he called out Courtney in the audience. I mean he literally pointed to her, said her first name without ever meeting us and made a comment to the audience about "how Courtney is impossible to wake up".

So obviously he has been reading this thread. All I can say is: Nice work. You got us good. Hilarious stuff. Edited by Yorkvillain

Courtney slept in as I made my way over to Dazzles for the Meet & Mingle. By the way, who's brilliant idea was it to schedule the Crown & Anchor trivia at the Schooner Bar at the same time as the M&M? I guess it didn't matter anyway since Bob (Clarea) is on this sailing and would have kicked my butt royally in C&A trivia.

If the periscope from the M&M is still up when you read this, you should probably check out the cute little story a woman tells a few minutes in. It's worth it.

Soon after the M&M we participated in the TV tunes trivia and got a perfect 15 out of 15 (I knew 2 or 3, Courtney knew the rest). We were rewarded handsomely with RCI highlighters that we now have about 273 of.

[IMG]http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/bump170/2015%20OASIS/image_zpssmcqq7vq.jpg[/IMG]

Right after trivia the wifi decided to take a big ol stinky dump. It was out for several hours and we even received a message about it in our high-tech TV mail inbox.

[IMG]http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/bump170/2015%20OASIS/image_zpsummhrox3.jpg[/IMG]

And here is that "inclement" weather that they are talking about. I'm surprised the captain didn't re-route us to a New England itinerary because of this monsoon.

[IMG]http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/bump170/2015%20OASIS/image_zpsgtdexsnt.jpg[/IMG]

After trivia we took advantage of the free skin cancer that they were giving away on the pool deck before heading back to (you guessed it) the Park Cafe for some more roast beef sandwiches.

Next, we won some nifty pens after winning the classic cartoon themes trivia.

[IMG]http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/bump170/2015%20OASIS/image_zpsrnkiorcv.jpg[/IMG]

Our quest for a third trivia win in one day came up just short as our score of 35 in the classic rock tunes trivia was bested only by Cruise Critic's own Bob and his team. As always, I was gracious in defeat and congratulated Bob on his hard earned and hard fought victory.

Tuesday we are in St. Thomas so that means I will be snorkeling and throwing back some Bushwackers (but not at the same time, that would be impressive if someone could pull that off).

And because we enjoyed our dinner at Chops so much on Day 1, we decided to go back again on Tuesday. There is also Michael Jackson trivia before dinner that we will 1000% take part in.

Day 3 Fitbit steps: 13,210
The war on roast beef standings: Me 6, RB 0 Edited by Yorkvillain

[quote name='Cruisetrekker']do you know if the gift shop sells a lapel pin of the ship ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cruisetrekker']did you have time to hit the gift shop yet ?[/QUOTE]

I looked tonight in the gift shop and in the jewelry store on the Royal Promenade. I didn't see one.

Tuesday we are in St. Thomas so that means I will be snorkeling and throwing back some Bushwackers (but not at the same time, that would be impressive if someone could pull that off).

And because we enjoyed our dinner at Chops so much on Day 1, we decided to go back again on Tuesday. There is also Michael Jackson trivia before dinner that we will 1000% take part in.

Day 3 Fitbit steps: 13,210

The war on roast beef standings: Me 6, RB 0

Was finally able to catch you LIVE coming into St Thomas. Best bushwackers I have had are right at Crown Bay at Costa Java at the white picket fence with the donkey :) Enjoy your day

Was finally able to catch you LIVE coming into St Thomas. Best bushwackers I have had are right at Crown Bay at Costa Java at the white picket fence with the donkey :) Enjoy your day

The donkey that tempts you with free drinks, which are always offered tomorrow. :D

Thanks Ms. Lillie.

I thought about saving them and then uploading them to YouTube, however some people were freaked out in other threads when they heard about periscope.

You're welcome.

Oh really? What were they freaked out about?

Oh' date=' goodness, be thankful you missed it! Threatening to throw people's cameras overboard if they saw them filming, don't you dare film me, etc. It's like they didn't know people take pictures on vacation and sometimes other people get into our pictures. (Horror of horrors) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

[/quote']

SAY WHAT!!! You are so right. Don't they realize they are already in other people's pictures and videos. Periscoping ain't a new thing in the video in public arena. It's just LIVE and now has a name!! And I don't think it's going any where. If anything it's going to get used more and more. Oh well!!!

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Ugh. I wish I read this 15 minutes ago. Oh well, I had two pretty good bushwackers at Coki Beach today.

Wow NYVillian' date=' you are good!! Winning Trivia Contests, updating your live review on Cruise Critic, Periscoping and beating down those RB sandwiches!! I am thoroughly impressed!!!!

Thanks. I am so enjoying it! :cool:[/quote']

Thanks! Eating the RB sandwiches is the easy part. And lucky for us they have useless knowledge trivia that we can compete in.