LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

I'm re-posting these photos here in case anyone is interested. In the thread below, someone asked about the secret doors at the back of deck 7 that lead to the rock climbing wall and have stairs down to the Boardwalk.

Here is that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2257276

STARBOARD side next to stateroom #7730.

7E7DED06-22D7-499A-B4E0-E1F52E3C3795_zps2dd3bcms.jpg

0477A057-177A-4088-BAEE-A3B4600F7894_zpsbqalw8hg.jpg

..can one walk from ship to Holland House? I read somewhere that the beach is very nice....what do they charge to use for cruise ship people?...half day...full day..Do they rent umbrellas or are included?

You are doing a brilliant job with the Periscope! This morning while having my coffee and watching you scoping..I texted you..Hello from Canada and you instantly voice replied...Hello Canada! It's flippin' amazing how far technology has come.

Continue to enjoy yourselves...

The beach pool is salt water, and the others are fresh. The beach pool is sloped to its waters edge so as the ship rocks the water in the pool rolls up the slope, just like at the beach. Three rows of the chairs at the very edge of this pool are on this gentle slope. The other pools have the traditional step up and over lip to get into it.

I might have missed something, but it gives you the idea,

Thanks, this makes more sense.

..can one walk from ship to Holland House? I read somewhere that the beach is very nice....what do they charge to use for cruise ship people?...half day...full day..Do they rent umbrellas or are included?

You are doing a brilliant job with the Periscope! This morning while having my coffee and watching you scoping..I texted you..Hello from Canada and you instantly voice replied...Hello Canada! It's flippin' amazing how far technology has come.

Continue to enjoy yourselves...

You have to take the water taxi to get to Holland House. The ride is quick and is $7. You can ride the water taxi as many times as you want for your $7.

The beach is very nice and not crowded. For $20 you get two beach chairs with big thick cushions, an umbrella and four drinks in any combination of beer, bottled water, rum punch, etc. We chose four bottles of water since it was so hot out. They also have nice clean bathrooms, a restaurant where you can eat or have your food delivered to the beach and a shower.

Thanks for the nice comments. I agree, the technology is pretty amazing. I plan on doing a few more "scopes" today and tomorrow.

Day 5 Recap

I'm officially sold on Holland House. Nice beach, good food, waverunner rentals right there, big thick cushions on the beach chairs, it's perfect. This will be our go to place in St. Maarten going forward. We chose to eat in the open-air restaurant rather than on the beach since it was so hot out and it would have been like eating on the sun's surface.

image_zpstn9q4jer.jpg

image_zpstergfjwz.jpg

Seared Tiger Shrimp

image_zpse5goqu5f.jpg

Some beef thing in breadcrumbs that was deep-fried. It was on the beach menu but not on the restaurant menu. They served it to us in the restaurant anyway because they thought I was cooler than Fonzie.

image_zpsvwuw2yjc.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

We each had the Royal Burger. Check out the description of it in the menu. I don't think any cardiologist anywhere would approve of this burger.

Courtney had like three bites of hers before she was full. I on the other hand, ate the entire thing including the plate and the silverware.

image_zpsux0ghhx9.jpg

Later, I rented a waverunner which is pretty much my favorite thing to do ever. To run waves the price is $50 for 30 minutes or $60 for 40 minutes. I made and sold hand-crafted jewelry, homemade beach bags and offered massages to beach goers to fund my waverunner excursion, but I pulled it off.

This bad boy and I were then off on our 40-minute speed-dating session.

image_zpspxmtcmuc.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Seared Tiger Shrimp

image_zpse5goqu5f.jpg

Hi Yorkvillain: I am not even a shrimp lover but these look YUMMY!!! :D

I can't believe you have taken the time to post here and broadcast all those wonderful scopes. You have really made not being on a cruise this week easier on me. Thank you for that.

I just wanted to mention that sometimes I can't hear what you are saying on the scopes and I don't want to miss any of that great commentary that you are providing. Is it just me or any one else have this issue?

When I'm scoping I try to use a louder voice if possible or talk closer to the screen. I saw on some one else's scope a suggestion about using an external mic but I haven't tried one yet.

Back on the ship we teamed up with Bob's group twice at trivia and both times we finished second. We also went to the Diamond Lounge for a little bit because we really enjoy listening to people talk about how important they are, how many cruises they have been on, how many they have booked, what Royal Caribbean needs to do to fix all the problems they have and why they are they are the greatest human being to have ever walked the face of the earth.

Dinner was at Giovanni's Table where we both had the 8 oz. beef tenderloin. It was very good and the bill was about half the price of Chops.

I may have taken a bite or two before I remembered to take a picture.

24F1E598-3220-4FA8-AE38-032E345737C6_zpsghuacvmv.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Hi Yorkvillain: I am not even a shrimp lover but these look YUMMY!!! :D

I can't believe you have taken the time to post here and broadcast all those wonderful scopes. You have really made not being on a cruise this week easier on me. Thank you for that.

I just wanted to mention that sometimes I can't hear what you are saying on the scopes and I don't want to miss any of that great commentary that you are providing. Is it just me or any one else have this issue?

When I'm scoping I try to use a louder voice if possible or talk closer to the screen. I saw on some one else's scope a suggestion about using an external mic but I haven't tried one yet.

Does my voice sound low or are you not hearing any audio at all? Sometimes I talk low on periscope so I don't disturb anyone around me.

If you are not hearing any audio at all, make sure your phone is not on silent or vibrate and make sure the audio is all the way up.

And thanks for the nice comments!

We were full, tired and ready to go to bed right after dinner. We actually went back to the room and watched Sunday's episode of Big Brother on my iPad before we went to sleep. The wifi was perfect the entire episode. Amazing.

Day 5 Fitbit steps: 10,571

The war of roast beef standings: Me 8, RB 0 (I made it an entire day without having one!)

Edited by Yorkvillain