Can't request a table for four?

Monthend

My TA tells me that Carnival no longer allows them to request a table for four. You are required to go to the maitre d on the ship and make the request. This seems crazy. I am booking eight months before sailing. It seems like a waste of my vacation time and the maitre d's time to attend to this request. Since we will be in Puerto Rico and not sailing until 10pm we wanted to go into town after settling in.

It seems every request we make requires my TA to talk to three or four representatives before asking for a supervisor that finally agrees that our request is valid. What is happening here.

My TA tells me that Carnival no longer allows them to request a table for four. You are required to go to the maitre d on the ship and make the request. This seems crazy. I am booking eight months before sailing. It seems like a waste of my vacation time and the maitre d's time to attend to this request. Since we will be in Puerto Rico and not sailing until 10pm we wanted to go into town after settling in.

It seems every request we make requires my TA to talk to three or four representatives before asking for a supervisor that finally agrees that our request is valid. What is happening here.

There's a good chance you will be assigned a table or booth for 4.

If you have a party of four or a couple going with another couple and have your bookings linked together, I'd say chances are very good that you will get a table or booth for four. Every time we have went with our friends, we have always had a table for four. And this has been several times.

Our next cruise, we our going just the two of us, and I asked our TA if we could be seated with a larger group. She stated that Carnival does not take requests any longer, but she would mention it in the notes. She said Carnival employees may or may not pay attention to those notes.

When we went on the Triumph back in December, we did what MrPayroll did. Emld the maitre'd on the ship to ask. Never got a reply but they did grant our request. We had the same table for 4 every night of the cruise.

Edited by karlanee

If you have a party of four or a couple going with another couple and have your bookings linked together, I'd say chances are very good that you will get a table or booth for four. Every time we have went with our friends, we have always had a table for four. And this has been several times.

Our next cruise, we our going just the two of us, and I asked our TA if we could be seated with a larger group. She stated that Carnival does not take requests any longer, but she would mention it in the notes. She said Carnival employees may or may not pay attention to those notes.

I keep reading this but know, for a fact, that my TA makes dining requests for all our cruises (like two rounds instead of a banquet table), or an isolated 2 person table, or a booth) and we still get our requests.

I keep reading this but know, for a fact, that my TA makes dining requests for all our cruises (like two rounds instead of a banquet table), or an isolated 2 person table, or a booth) and we still get our requests.

That's nice to know for you. I will let you know when I get back from my cruise in a couple of weeks if I got my request or not. I usually do a review right away when I return.

Technically your TA is correct. Carnival does not take requests for table size. They will note it on reservation but do not guarantee it will be honored. We e-mail Maitre d a week before. ( so far we have had success )

How do you find out the name and email of the Maitre D for your sailing? I wanted to request a table for two and was told I would have to wait until I got on board as well. But I would love to be able to contact them in advance.

Kerrie :)

How do you find out the name and email of the Maitre D for your sailing? I wanted to request a table for two and was told I would have to wait until I got on board as well. But I would love to be able to contact them in advance.

We cruise the Elation a lot. it is supposed to be the first 2 letters of the name of the ship so, elmaitred@carnival.com. I know Dream is drmaitred.com. But there are few that are different. There is a list somewhere. sorry..

We cruise the Elation a lot. it is supposed to be the first 2 letters of the name of the ship so, elmaitred@carnival.com. I know Dream is drmaitred.com. But there are few that are different. There is a list somewhere. sorry..

Thanks! if someone has the list that would be great--but this is very helpful. We will be traveling on the Imagination so following these rules it would be immaitred@carnival.com. I will test it out to see if it works.

Thanks! if someone has the list that would be great--but this is very helpful. We will be traveling on the Imagination so following these rules it would be immaitred@carnival.com. I will test it out to see if it works.

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

xxmaitred@carnival.com

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

Edited by sarmat1

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

xxmaitred@carnival.com

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

Thank you all! I've just sent an email to the address! You all are awesome.

Thank you all! I've just sent an email to the address! You all are awesome.

You probably won't hear back form the maitre'd on your request. But we have done this exact thing for our last 6/7 cruises. A few times we did get a response, but every time we have gotten what we ask for. Good luck

I am a TA and can tell you that there is nowhere in the reservation system to reserve a particular table or table size.

It looks like TAs are unfairly getting the credit and the blame (depending on the outcome) for something that is actually out of their control.

Edited by Stacy_C

How would that help? It is Carnival who is saying you can't request.

That's why you e-mail the maitre'd. PVPs or TAs don't prepare the seating arrangement the maitre'd does from what I've been told. We've always gotten what we've requested, we email a week or 10 days out from sail date. I'm just reporting my experiences. I emailed once and got a response within 15 minutes, but I have to admit that was a first. [emoji486] [emoji485]

Why not tell the host when you get seated every night, " We would like a table for just the 4 of us, please. "

We have never reserved a table for 4 and have had no trouble even when it was all 4 of us traveling, only 3 of our family or just the 2 of us requesting a table alone each night and getting accommodated. And this has been on multiple sailings on Carnival this year alone ( even Breeze last week ) or in the past, as well on on multiple RC ships.

Edited by CocoCandy