Latitudes Party Question

moonieelf

I'll be cruising with my sister (a latitudes member), and our parents (who are not members) on the Getaway in January. We're going to be booking under the same reservation though. Would they be able to attend the latitudes party with us?

I'll be cruising with my sister (a latitudes member), and our parents (who are not members) on the Getaway in January. We're going to be booking under the same reservation though. Would they be able to attend the latitudes party with us?

The members only cocktail party benefit is NOT available on the Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway, and Norwegian Getaway.

The members only cocktail party benefit is NOT available on the Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway, and Norwegian Getaway.

There was a cocktail party on the Epic, so I assume there would be one on the Getaway as well. You have to be silver or above to get an invite (I believe it's silver). So, not all Latitudes members are invited. I don't remember anyone collecting the invitations on the Epic, so you could try to bring everyone along if you get an invitation. It wasn't much. The dance band played and there were some not so good apps and wine, beer and rum punch. There were no door prizes like the smaller ships have with all the latitudes members.

Edited by drvalo

There was a cocktail party on the Epic, so I assume there would be one on the Getaway as well. You have to be silver or above to get an invite (I believe it's silver). So, not all Latitudes members are invited. I don't remember anyone collecting the invitations on the Epic, so you could try if you get an invitation to bring eveyone along. It wasn't much. The dance band played and there were some not so good apps and wine, beer and rum punch. There were no door prizes like the smaller ships have with all the latitudes members.

That's because you're talking about a different gathering. We're talking about the members only cocktail party.

Edited by SeaShark

Daft question but what happens if you have two ncl cruises already booked but have not yet sailed on any.. does it still treat you as a non member for the second cruise
No, your status will be updated after completion of the first cruise and so you should get the perks corresponding to your new membership level on the second cruise. Make sure that both cruises are booked under the same Latitudes number.

No, your status will be updated after completion of the first cruise and so you should get the perks corresponding to your new membership level on the second cruise. Make sure that both cruises are booked under the same Latitudes number.

Thanks..Yes I did that

Seashark: I'm confused...what type of party were you saying there wasn't on four of the ships? Are there different Latitude parties?

I thought there was a Latitudes on all ships?

QUOTE= Seashark

That's because you're talking about a different gathering. We're talking about the members only cocktail party.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonieelf View Post

Seashark: I'm confused...what type of party were you saying there wasn't on four of the ships? Are there different Latitude parties?

QUOTE= Seashark

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonieelf View Post

If you look at the Latitudes list, it shows 2 events: 1) the "Members Only Cocktail Party" which is for all levels and not on the ships mentioned above; and 2) the "Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Officers" which is for silver and above and on all ships.

If you look at the Latitudes list, it shows 2 events: 1) the "Members Only Cocktail Party" which is for all levels and not on the ships mentioned above; and 2) the "Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Officers" which is for silver and above and on all ships.

I believe....there's also a VIP and Suites cocktail party. I've yet to go to any of them! LOL

Harriet

There are latitude benefits on all ships...but there are differences. Some caused by the ship itself or by the length of the cruise. The Terms and Conditions noted on the Latitudes Benefits page on NCL's website will spell out what is and is not available.

As for the different Latitude parties:

All Latitude Members (Bronze, Silver, Gold, & Platinum) are invited to attend the "Members Only Cocktail Party". However, as the website states: "Not available on Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway or Norwegian Getaway". It is also not available on any other ship where the cruise is less than 5 days in length.

Silver, Gold, & Platinum Latitude Members are also invited to attend the "Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers"...which is a cocktail party much like the Members Only Cocktail Party, but with less people in attendance. This party is held on the bigger ships.

Back to the original question - on my last cruise I was sliver, sailing with an NCL newbie. I brought her with me to the "Exclusive" one with no problems. Now, this might've just been because it was only 2 of us (and they didn't want me looking all pitiful drinking by myself lol

If you and your sister both take a parent as a guest, you might be able to do it.

Back to the original question - on my last cruise I was sliver, sailing with an NCL newbie. I brought her with me to the "Exclusive" one with no problems. Now, this might've just been because it was only 2 of us (and they didn't want me looking all pitiful drinking by myself lol

If you and your sister both take a parent as a guest, you might be able to do it.

I would disagree based on the info that the OP supplied in post #10.

Not only that, but there is always a possibility that a person MIGHT get around a rule/policy, but I don't think we're being helpful by telling anyone that they "might" be allowed....there might always maybe be an exception just this once.

Or maybe they didn't want to single you out in front of others and cause embarrassment.

Members only....means members only. I simply can't understand why people, not only you, can't follow the rules and think they can bend them to their benefit.

Harriet

Latitude points are never awarded until a cruise is complete. So you won't ever change status levels DURING a cruise...only after it is complete.

I'm going Gold>Plat on my next cruise, but then taking the very next voyage. I wonder if the systems will be updated quick enough to give me platinum on the 2nd cruise. Booked the cruises at different times and show as 2 bookings in MyNCL.

I'm going Gold>Plat on my next cruise, but then taking the very next voyage. I wonder if the systems will be updated quick enough to give me platinum on the 2nd cruise.
You will probably have to get them to update you manually at the start of your second cruise. Stop by the Latitudes/future cruise consultant's desk and they should be able to take care of it. Make sure you get all the invitations and other perks you are entitled to during that cruise!