Getting Passengers in Correct Cabin

judatt

Greetings everyone. My wife and I and another couple are going on a cruise together in a few days. My wife and I are Diamond (reciprocal status as we are Elite on Celebrity). Our friends have never been on a cruise.

When we booked our travel agent said it was his job to get us the best fare possible - sounds great, right? And he did. Since my wife and I are both diamond he put each of us in separate cabins. My friend is a volunteer firefighter so he got a discount and I'm a veteran so I got a discount. Long story short, our best combination was to put my wife and our man friend in one cabin and to put me and our lady friend in the other cabin.

I was very clear we didn't want to do anything unethical and this is where he assured me it was done all the time and that it was his job to get us the best possible fare. He instructed us to go to guest services once we are on board and they would straighten it all out.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to try and straighten it all out when we are checking in? If this is "done all the time" as our TA tells us then someone out there must have some experience with this. I know when we cruise with our kids and grandkids it is not unusual for each parent to be booked in with a child and when we get on board they go to guest services and get the keys arranged correctly.

Looking for advice and know our cruise critic community will have some! Thanks.

Thay cannot do anything at check-in. Once you board, go to Guest Services and get extra keys for the guests that are changing rooms. Your TA is correct, this is done all the time.

Thanks, Bob. I was confident he knew what he was talking about. I told him I guessed it was ok as long as no one from our churches found out about our room arrangements! Thanks again.

Greetings everyone. My wife and I and another couple are going on a cruise together in a few days. My wife and I are Diamond (reciprocal status as we are Elite on Celebrity). Our friends have never been on a cruise.

When we booked our travel agent said it was his job to get us the best fare possible - sounds great, right? And he did. Since my wife and I are both diamond he put each of us in separate cabins. My friend is a volunteer firefighter so he got a discount and I'm a veteran so I got a discount. Long story short, our best combination was to put my wife and our man friend in one cabin and to put me and our lady friend in the other cabin.

I was very clear we didn't want to do anything unethical and this is where he assured me it was done all the time and that it was his job to get us the best possible fare. He instructed us to go to guest services once we are on board and they would straighten it all out.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to try and straighten it all out when we are checking in? If this is "done all the time" as our TA tells us then someone out there must have some experience with this. I know when we cruise with our kids and grandkids it is not unusual for each parent to be booked in with a child and when we get on board they go to guest services and get the keys arranged correctly.

Looking for advice and know our cruise critic community will have some! Thanks.

To add to what Bob said, yes this is done all the time. Royal Caribbean has even suggested it to me. I have done this many times and it is no problem at all. You can't do anything at Check In as the Seapass cards are pre-made. But it's very easy on board. You go to Guest Services and have them either re-key the card or issue an extra key. We've always had them re-key them.

When you fill out your SetSail there are a couple of ways to do it. You can do a SetSail for you and put your wife on your account. Your friends wife (who is listed in your cabin) can do the same for her husband. Then you do a single SetSail for your wife and your friend as there will be on account info on it. List your wife first and they will get Diamond priority for boarding. You should have Diamond priority on yours too. Then just have your friends wife go with you when you enter. We did that, and no problem using the priority line for all 4. That is, assuming, you have joined Crown and Anchor and have the priority on your SetSail.