What kind of problems at Charleston for the Feb 6th sailing of Ecstasy?

dulcimergirl

This is one of those scenarios where I think Carnival should provide OBC for the late embarkation. If you think about it you're basically losing the entire first day if you can't board before 4:30pm. The first day is part of what they advertise and is included in what you're paying for. So if it's a 3 day cruise then the first day is a half a day if you board around noon, plus the 2 days in between, then the final half day which is debarkation where you can eat breakfast and remain on the ship until around 10am. Technically that example is still not 3 full days but it's close and understandable. But if the earliest you're allowed to board is 4:30 that's not close enough to 3 total days onboard. I'm sure Carnival's lawyers see it another way and probably count just 1 minute as part of the "day", but it doesn't align with the spirit of what they are advertising.

I would agree if the original boarding time had changed, but it has not. It has always been a late boarding due to the nature of this particular sailing, so no false advertising.