B 2 B question out of San Juan

Lindypops

A question for anyone who has done a B2B out of San Juan.

On the changeover day what time can you leave the ship , did you have to join the queue for immigration or did you bypass that and what is the latest time you have to be back on board.
We are from the UK just in case that makes a difference ti immigration.

Also does anyone have a copy of the documentation they give you re the changeover?

thanks

On our B2B last year, all the people doing the B2B met in a lounge and waited for everyone else to get off the ship. They then took us off and through customs and then we got right back on the ship. It was around 10:00 that we got off and back on.

I'm not sure about getting off to go into town. I've heard that you can get a card or paper stating you are a B2B cruiser so you don't have to wait in line to get back on, but I'm not positive.

It's normally been quite painless in San Juan. You will be given your new sea pass card, along with an "In Transit" card, which allows you to leave the terminal without the long lineup at Immigration, it's usually a separate line. You can get off before they start bringing on the new passengers. As long as you are back on the ship 30 min before sailing, you're good.

[quote name='Lindypops']A question for anyone who has done a B2B out of San Juan.

On the changeover day what time can you leave the ship , did you have to join the queue for immigration or did you bypass that and what is the latest time you have to be back on board.
We are from the UK just in case that makes a difference ti immigration.

Also does anyone have a copy of the documentation they give you re the changeover?

thanks[/quote]
If you don't want to get back on the ship with the other B2B guests, you can get off with the earliest guests, the self-assist people. You will be given your new SeaPass cards and In-transit cards the night before. You still have to go through customs, but the queue should not be long that early. I would check with staff as you leave, but I believe you must be back on at least 30 minutes before departure. There will be a muster drill for late arrivals.