Glad to be onboard Sept 3 sailing

GoingPlacesSoon

The ship is beautiful as others have commented many times. Our food has been excellent, and so far we are pleased. I am very happy to be on this cruise and will give a thorough review after we return home. In the meantime here are a couple of comments about recent posts:

1. When we booked our dining reservations before leaving home we could read our calendar with those dining reservations and booked excursions. Now on board, the calendar does not show the dining reservations and we asked the Explorers desk to print out our dining reservations, which they did for us. I would recommend printing out all your dining and excursion reservations before leaving home.

2. Within a couple hours of boarding the ship a group of about 6 maintenance workers came to apply a "film" to our shower glass. We left the stateroom but could not see any change to the shower glass. Today, another employee asked to see our shower and confirmed the film has not been applied. She said they will come later to apply "film" to the shower glass.

3. The room with closet space and drawers are more than sufficient for our needs. Thanks to whoever mentioned the make-up drawer in the top of the lift up desk. We still have some empty drawers, but I am sure that will not last for long.

4. The complementary laundry is nice and we have not had a problem using the machines.

We have really enjoyed the spa. Definitely a positive using the pool and facilities.

Sounds good. Not sure if you'll be back online until you return home, but if you are: Did you leave from Venice? Last I looked, Star was back in the area I will be exploring in 20 days or so (Venice to Istanbul).

I've already got my dinner and excursion information incorporated into what my husband calls "my manuscript" - notes about the various ports, reservations, etc. However, thanks for the heads up that it would be good to bring dining info with us. I did notice that the excursions we signed up for was reflected in our cruise booklet, but not the dinner info.

I've learned over a few years of cruising that if you pack correctly there is usually enough room for your things - less than what a hotel room has but certainly enough! Viking had a great idea when they went with that lift-top drawer. Little stuff rolls around too much in drawers, plus it can too easily be pushed up over the back of the drawer and gone, gone, gone! You'd be surprised what I've found in cruise staterooms over the years!

Thanks for your comments, and enjoy your cruise. Can't wait to board in Venezia!

Roothy...the lift top drawer isn't a great idea. Most people use the desk top for all sorts of items and as soon as you do then the drawer underneath becomes useless....so only good for stuff you really don't need to use ...and therefore shouldn't have been packed in the first place...;-)

Roothy...the lift top drawer isn't a great idea. Most people use the desk top fDor all sorts of items and as soon as you do then the drawer underneath becomes useless....so only good for stuff you really don't need to use ...and therefore shouldn't have been packed in the first place...;-)

To each his own. I loved the lift drawer. I put all of my makeup in there and so I had a place to do my hair & makeup, leaving the bathroom free. It was great having everything separated, visible and literally at my fingertips. We were in a PV room and there was plenty of surface area; no need to pile things on top of the lift top, though things did find their way there and I had no problem moving them aside the one or two times a day I needed access underneath. Also, the QuietVox doesn't need to be taking up space and an outlet front and center. I moved it out of the way behind the useless phone.

Sounds good. Not sure if you'll be back online until you return home, but if you are: Did you leave from Venice? Last I looked, Star was back in the area I will be exploring in 20 days or so (Venice to Istanbul).

I've already got my dinner and excursion information incorporated into what my husband calls "my manuscript" - notes about the various ports, reservations, etc. However, thanks for the heads up that it would be good to bring dining info with us. I did notice that the excursions we signed up for was reflected in our cruise booklet, but not the dinner info.

I've learned over a few years of cruising that if you pack correctly there is usually enough room for your things - less than what a hotel room has but certainly enough! Viking had a great idea when they went with that lift-top drawer. Little stuff rolls around too much in drawers, plus it can too easily be pushed up over the back of the drawer and gone, gone, gone! You'd be surprised what I've found in cruise staterooms over the years!

Thanks for your comments, and enjoy your cruise. Can't wait to board in Venezia!

Roothy, we did leave from Venice and let our hotel arrange for a water taxi direct to the port. We do use the vanity mirror and storage space, but if someone only wants to use it as a counter space they are able to do that.

So far everything is very nice, I will add some comments to the post about room amenities.