Hotels/Resorts With Day Passes

PMGNJ04

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I haven't used them, but I have used resort for a day and that worked well

I just called the hotel and spoke with the front desk. It is $80 pp, with a coupon for $20 that can be used for food and drink(or maybe something else). They provide luggage storage (not sure it there is a fee for that), use of the pool, towels, lounge chairs etc. She said that the spa is open for us to take showers and dress before going home. I asked if we could reserve it and she said no, just show up. That makes me a little nervous, as I asked about day pass capacity and indicated there was none. I see where the price on caribbeandaypass.com is $50, but nothing about a food voucher. It also says that there will be a price increase. I have one thought, if you reserve thru this company, what happens if when you disembark and it is raining - I guess you would be stuck for the $. On the other hand, if the weather is lousy, you could always get on a tour from those stationed next to the taxi.

Appreciate any comments regarding their experience with Marriott (we actually did an over night pre cruise 15 years ago) and / or using the day pass web site.

Thanks,

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked the San Juan Marriott Day Pass for my upcoming cruise and it was $80 per person and included a $20 food/beverage credit. I booked through Resort for a day because I've used them a few times in the past and have never had any problems.

http://www.resortforaday.com/Marriott-San-Juan-Shore-Excursion-Resort-Pass-p/sjumrs-h.htm

I am trying to find what hotels or resorts offer day rooms or passes.

We will have about 6 hours post cruise in November and we are looking for ideas or places to spend time.

I just finished helping someone on another thread about another pass through Puertoricocruiseexcursions.

Hope this helps

I'll just throw this out as a last-ditch method if anyone REALLY wants to spend a day using a hotel's facilities:

Reserve a room for the night. Go to check in: if room isn't ready, ask to be able to use the facilities until room is ready (99.9% of hotels will do this). When room is ready, you have a place to shower, relax before you go back to the ship. You do not have to physically check out of a hotel anymore - they will do room walks at some point the next day to verify that departures are indeed gone. Your folio with charges will be emailed to you.

Yes, you will pay a more expensive fee than the day-use, but if you want guaranteed access, it's the only way to go...

• 2 weeks later...

We use Island Marketing for some ports (at least the ones they offer) and they have a GREAT deal for San Juan.

$49 a person includes chair & umbrella on a private beach, lunch and 6 cocktails or beers. Also has a shower & bathrooms. It's a REALLY good deal and we've never been disappointed.

https://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/BeachBreakSanJuan.html

We were unable to book a room through Resort for a Day, as they were all sold out. We had stayed at a hotel pre-cruise, so we asked them if we could return for the day post-cruise until our flight left. They told us to call the morning we arrived back in port. If there was a room available, we could get a day-use room for half price, which would give us a place to store luggage and shower before our flight. This would have been less for our family of 4 than the resortforaday, which would have cost $320.

It turns out they were fully booked, so there was no day-use room for us. but they offered that we could check our luggage and have pool access for $27 pp. No food included, but there were options at the hotel and outside the hotel. We decided to do this.

We arrived at the hotel about 11am. We checked our luggage with bellhop and noticed that a lot of people were checking in and out. Lots of luggage being checked for the day. Very large lobby in this hotel, and we observed other families checking their luggage, as we did, as well as others sitting in the lobby with all their luggage. Some families sat in the lobby with their luggage for hours, enjoying wi-fi, eating lunch at the hotel restaurant. I assume since they did not use the pool, which required a pass-card to open the exterior door, that they also paid nothing for this option. Something to consider as an alternative to waiting all day at the airport.

• 3 weeks later...
We were unable to book a room through Resort for a Day, as they were all sold out. We had stayed at a hotel pre-cruise, so we asked them if we could return for the day post-cruise until our flight left. They told us to call the morning we arrived back in port. If there was a room available, we could get a day-use room for half price, which would give us a place to store luggage and shower before our flight. This would have been less for our family of 4 than the resortforaday, which would have cost $320.

It turns out they were fully booked, so there was no day-use room for us. but they offered that we could check our luggage and have pool access for $27 pp. No food included, but there were options at the hotel and outside the hotel. We decided to do this.

We arrived at the hotel about 11am. We checked our luggage with bellhop and noticed that a lot of people were checking in and out. Lots of luggage being checked for the day. Very large lobby in this hotel, and we observed other families checking their luggage, as we did, as well as others sitting in the lobby with all their luggage. Some families sat in the lobby with their luggage for hours, enjoying wi-fi, eating lunch at the hotel restaurant. I assume since they did not use the pool, which required a pass-card to open the exterior door, that they also paid nothing for this option. Something to consider as an alternative to waiting all day at the airport.

JanKP, Just to verify, are you talking about the Marriott Stellaris?

The Marriott Stellaris is the hotel that Resort-for-a-day uses. You cannot book directly with Marriott Stellaris ( the hotel told me that). It was full so we went to another hotel, one we had stayed at before the cruise.

I was just saying that, in general, if you could not book a day pass, that many hotels are quite busy with people leaving and arriving and it is possible to hang out in comfort in the lobby, restaurant or pool area without a specific "day pass".