Getaway VIBE Beach Club

tutumomma

How may steps are there to get to Vibe? Hubby is handicapped.

One "deck" worth of stairs. There is a chairlift on the stairs but you'll need someone to go up first and get an attendant from the Vibe to operate it (or find another crew member somewhere else).

There is also a crew elevator that goes to the Vibe. Once you get to know the staff there, they'll let you use it.

If you are staying in a suite can the concierge pre book passes for you ?

Officially, the answer is "no".

In reality, it has happened. :D

The concierge desk cannot/will not do that for you, however. The actual concierge will probably have a few passes to hand out and can usually make a call to secure a few. It's not guaranteed but it is an option.

Since suite guests get to board earlier, they have the best chance even without the concierge.

Officially, the answer is "no".

In reality, it has happened. :D

The concierge desk cannot/will not do that for you, however. The actual concierge will probably have a few passes to hand out and can usually make a call to secure a few. It's not guaranteed but it is an option.

Since suite guests get to board earlier, they have the best chance even without the concierge.

Thank you for the information. Since we pre board can you break away from the group (they always seem to take us to Cagney etc. or Haven) and head to the vibe desk instead ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^

Although the loud children (if there are any) are usually in the pool area of the Haven, they can also be on the Haven sundeck. The serene place may not be so serene.

Some Haven guests are willing to pay extra for the adult-only sundeck with enhanced "Haven-like" service. Even as adult-only, VIBE isn't always serene, though.

If you're a Haven guest, then why not just get a spa pass if you want somewhere serene to go to without the little ones? Like Two Wheels Only said, the Vibe isn't going to always be peaceful - especially depending on who ends up getting passes!

^^

VIBE has the sun and a bar. Spa has neither. Spa is also twice the price.

It's all about options. Some people will take VIBE, some will take the Spa, some will take VIBE and Spa even if staying in the Haven.

I sail with my kids. One thing that bothers me is when parents get VIBE/Spa access and use them to escape from their own kids while their kids run wild throughout the ship (including the Haven courtyard).

If the kids are behaved, I have no problem with them being in the Haven courtyard while the parents are away but a common theme when it comes to misbehaving kids in the Haven is that the parents are nowhere to be found. It isn't always the case but of the horror stories that are posted here on CC when it comes to rowdy kids in the Haven, most mention that the parents were somewhere else (usually VIBE or in the stateroom).

This might be a stupid question, but why would a Haven guest want Vibe passes?

Having enjoyed Haven, and Vibe on non Haven cruises, there isn't a reason to need to. Want to would be based on a reason that is very individual.

Edited by MizDemeanor

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading Gambee's review of the Escape and his experience on with the Vibe on that ship, he seemed to take care of the servers daily since they took very good care of them. Wondering if the experience is the same on Getaway. Fruit plates, flavored water and foot massages.

When on a cruise, I tend to tip extra when ordering cocktails and give out envelopes on the last day. I am not sure if I will actually be ordering cocktails while at Vibe and just stick to the water. So what is the best way to "take care" of everyone taking care of us since I am not one to carry cash around? Is it okay just to tank them at the end?

I always feel so awkward about this stuff and never know what to do.

I was just reading Gambee's review of the Escape and his experience on with the Vibe on that ship, he seemed to take care of the servers daily since they took very good care of them. Wondering if the experience is the same on Getaway. Fruit plates, flavored water and foot massages.

When on a cruise, I tend to tip extra when ordering cocktails and give out envelopes on the last day. I am not sure if I will actually be ordering cocktails while at Vibe and just stick to the water. So what is the best way to "take care" of everyone taking care of us since I am not one to carry cash around? Is it okay just to tank them at the end?

I always feel so awkward about this stuff and never know what to do.

The fruit skewers are nice. They were handed to us once while sitting in the hot tub at Vibe. Ha! (For what it's worth, we also were handed them while lounging by the main pool the time we didn't have Vibe.) We never got a foot massage, thankfully, because I likely would have kicked the person in the face accidentally. I don't like my feet touched. Once when sitting around the bar at Vibe, the bartender cleaned everyone's sunglasses one by one. We generally tipped some cash when we left at the end of the day. Others might tip at the end of the week. Others not at all, since it's all included already in your drink prices, or drink packages. There is no right or wrong, so do whatever you want.